MIRACULOUS, CHAPTER TWOLADYBUG AND CO, PART TWO

LADYBUG AND CO, PART TWO

A/N: im warning y'all right now that i'm not too happy with this chapter. trying to describe all the suits and make them just different enough from the canon ones was frustrating to the point i kind of got a little pissed off. so i ended up just being frustrated with the chapter overall and it became mostly dialogue. i hope it's not too unbearable to read. 😅

THE EARTH AROUND them seemed to shake and tremble as the stone creature advanced through the city

THE EARTH AROUND them seemed to shake and tremble as the stone creature advanced through the city. Every step it took was monstrous, trampling cars and cracking the foundation of buildings. Let the record show that Maeve Liss was never prepared to be a hero. That shit was for the birds. But... she'd also never been one to back down from a challenge. During her classmates' panic, she slipped outside and ran around the corner of the building, her long, brown waves of hair bouncing with every step she took. Splotches of red found her rounded cheeks, which were accentuated by high cheekbones, from the running, a sure sign that her blood was pumping. (And Maeve did love her adrenaline. She loved playing sports.) She was fair skinned, but not exactly pale. There were warm undertones to her skin. She lifted the leg of her pants to glance at the pearl anklet there. Rather than the pink of the previous holder, they were just normal pearls, less girly that way. Not that Maeve detested pink by any means, she just had always been more of a tomboy.

"Daizzi!", she whisper shouted for the pig like kwami. "Daizzi, what do I do?"

"We go help!", the kwami answered. Maeve scrunched her slender nose. She was afraid he'd say something like that. And she was terrified. Absolutely terrified. "Use the phrase I taught you!", he prompted. (She'd expected the pink kwami to be a girl. Was that sexist? She hoped not.)

Still being in high school made Maeve one of the youngest members of the team, by technicality. How people even younger than her took on this task was beyond her. At eighteen, she still felt too young, to unprepared. How were they not petrified at every moment? Maeve took a deep breath, her full lips down turned at the corner as she tried to shake off her nerves. "Okay, okay", she breathed out. "Daizzi, rejoice!"