Story One: Healing The Beast's Broken Heart

Characters: Y/N (You), Freddy, Leon

It was a typical summer day. You were just going about your usual things when all of the sudden, you get a message from your friend. They ask if you have time to stop by and help them out with a problem they have. You were on route to a dinner for a blind date but their place was on the way there anyhow, so you agreed to help and made a small pit-stop at your friend's place. They were just trying to fix their TV so they wouldn't need to spend hundreds of dollars on people to repair or replace it. Makes sense. After half an hour, you and your friend managed to get the TV working again as if they had just bought it.

After that brief diversion, you went back to what you were doing before. The dinner wasn't that far now, and you hopped that you didn't keep them waiting too long. But when you got there, your date wasn't there. Either he left for the washroom, he wasn't there yet, or he stood you up. Honestly, you kinda expected option three, after all, nobody wanted to be with you in your mind, so you had accepted it and had ordered your drink and food, but suddenly, a particular blue wolf entered the dinner and was well dressed. Not too formal, too sloppy or too casual either, a better balance of casual and formal, but more so casual. You wore something similar and thought it was an odd coincidence. At least, until he sat with you and called you by your Tinder username. You were somewhat okay with dating apps, though you never bothered with them since it felt insincere to basically lie to people and catfish them out of genuine love. But something about him made you think of one thing. Run.

???: "Hi. Sorry I'm late."

He sounded so gruff, but also calm and casual and even polite about it. After taking a second to study him, you realized, this wasn't some fur-suitor or whatever, this was the Esper to the Wolf of Ragnarok himself. Freddy, the Esper of Fenrir. As if he read your mind, he spoke to stop you from leaving.

Freddy: "Don't worry I'm not gonna eat you or anything. That's just a myth people say about me."

That didn't put you at ease though, it only amplified your anxiety by ten fold. If he didn't eat people, what did he do with them? You wondered about how to escape this unscathed, but every avenue you thought only led to one thing: death. You had no choice, you had to play along until it was time to part ways.

Freddy: "So what's your name?"

Y/N: "I'm Y/N."

Freddy: "Nice to meet ya. I'm Freddy, the Esper for Fenrir."

At this announcement, people ran out of the dinner. Now it was just him and you.

And so the date carried on, and you found yourself still tense, but not as tense as before. The dinner was empty, save for you, Freddy and the staff. Everyone else was scared that Freddy was buttering you up before he did something downright evil, and that same thought process ran through your mind. But at the same time, it was getting harder for you to genuinely dislike him. He was surprisingly charming, witty, and could tell some genuinely heartfelt stories regardless if they were made up or not. It was, for all intensive purposes, enjoyable. That air of menace never left, but it was definitely lessened due to actually spending time getting to know him, however brief this date was.

Freddy: "You okay?"

His question took you aback. He was capable of showing genuine emotion, but to show actual concern for another's well-being was, well, more than surprising to you. He tilted his head slightly, like a dog would. And his ears laid flat on his head.

Y/N: "What do you mean?"

Freddy: "You seem a little... drowsy."

You took a look at your reflection in the dinner window and you seemed to have heavy bags forming under your eyes. You had no idea why or how it happened, but then you started feel nauseous. You had ordered your food to be prepared to avoid something like this; so then why? You ran over to the garbage can and puked up what you had eaten. It was nasty, but you felt relived, but then felt very light headed, then everything faded to black. Sound and touch leaving your senses, taste and smell too.