Chapter 2

October 7,2021

Yujin's POV

"Why are you back at the dorm? I thought you were visiting my aunt and uncle" Eun Ae's voice projects around the small room and I turn back to my phone screen to watch her move her face around like she could see beyond her screen.

"I am still visiting but I have been coming back here to water my roommate's plants while she is out of town visiting her parents" I answer taking the phone in my hand and moving it to a stand on my study desk.

"Oh! I forgot not everyone is lucky enough to go to collage in the same city where she lives. Some of us are far away and miss our mom's home cooked meals" Eun Ae's true feelings are hidden behind her mocking words. I know deep down she truly misses her mom and her cooking. My cousin was accepted to a University in Busan city and her school breaks are at a different time than mine.

"I'll come visit soon and I promise to take all the food you want" I say moving in front of the camera so she can see me give her a thumbs up. This is part of our routine, we have a daily FaceTime calls where we talk about our day. One of us is usually doing something and this time I am the one moving around the room trying to get all of my roommates plants. We have been best friends since birth. She is only a few months younger and our parents are not just related but also neighbors. Our dads are brothers and they have always been very close which meant Eun Ae and I were raised together like sisters.

"I am looking forward to Christmas' break and being able to hang out. I miss you kid" I can feel the emotion in her voice but she never shows it.

"I miss you too kid" I finish watering the last plant and I grab my phone again and jump on my bed to stare at my cousin. "We need to plan some activities together, its boring here without you"

"I know, that place is grey without my beautiful face"

"Yes it is" I look at the dork on the other side of the screen and she might be the most confident girl I have ever met but she has every right to be. With her long brown hair, long eyelashes, big expressive eyes and pale skin she is absolutely stunning.

"How was your work day at your parent's last night?" Did you fall asleep at the job?" she asks getting closer to the screen as her eyes grow in curiosity.

"It was the same as always" I lie and memories of last night flood back to my mind. Is not that I want to lie to my best friend. Is not that at all. Is that I still think I dreamt it. My brain has not been able to comprehend that I saw HIM last night. I met HIM. I stare at the wall next to me and his smiling face stares back at me. He is absolutely gorgeous on the Love Yourself promotion posters that have been with me for a long time. I move my eyes to the next poster and I smile at the flower crown around his ears that I love so much. How can he look even better than this in real life? How is that humanly possible? I know this posters are years old and he has changed so much but his smile is still the same.

"Yujin, are you there?" I hear my cousin's voice and it brings me back to the call I have been ignoring.

"Yes I am here" I say turning away from my thoughts.

"Dreamland again? Let me guess" She takes a deep breath and places her pointer finger to her lips as she scrunches her forehead. "You are day dreaming about Jungkook again" is not a question but a statement and of course she is right. Not just because of what she doesn't know but because of what she does know. I was 12 years old when BTS debuted in 2013 and fell in love with the youngest member of the new band. I watched all their performances on tv, analyzed all the music videos on YouTube, begged my parents to buy me all the albums, the merch and I had their first ever posters next to my bed. I was and I am a fan. As I grew my love for them grew but I always paid special attention to the shy doe eye kid. This is why I still haven't been able to process the fact that I met my idol, my bias, my love.