Three

Tillies tear stained face was sitting on the curb outside her house. The cold night air piercing her skin as she shook within her skin.

Earlier that night Tillie parents had came home, her dad first followed by her mom.

"Mathilda, do you want to explain why this was on my desk?" The girls dad asked.

She grimaced at the sound of her full name, "I found it lying around." The girl stated half lying.

Her dad just sighed and went back into his office closing the door.

That was when her mom had came on, Tillie already worked up confronting her mom.

"Mom, why did i find divorce papers?" The girl asked genuinely.

"Why are you going through stuff you're not suppose to, you know better than that." Her mom scolded not even sparing her a glance.

"Well why are you divorcing him! I thought a good image was all you cared about most important thing to you." The girl spat back not caring how she sounded.

"Who said I was divorcing him , and you're 14 years old you have no business getting into this situation."

"But I am! Did you not think about what i want? I didn't even know about it, we're you just never gonna tell me?" The girls tears spilling.

Tillies mom had just ignored her paying attention to cleaning the dishes.

"Mom?" The girl half yelled as she still didn't say a word.

"Mommy please, i'm sorry. Please just talk to me mom." The girl cried out as her mom just scrubbed the dishes harder.

"I know i shouldn't of looked at it i'm sorry mom." The girl contained crying begging her mom for an answer.

But instead of an answer her mom turned around and slapped her right in the face before scoffing and storming into her room while slamming the door.

The warm stinging feeling on the girl cheek didn't go away as she ran out the door. That was how the girl ended up on the side of the road.

The girl sniffled as her tears dried as she sat now just staring at the floor. She felt numb, worthless, like the darkness had finally engulfed her.

"Tillie?"

Trapped in her own mind she hadn't notice Sam taking out the trash. The streetlight illuminating the girls face as she looked up at the boy.

The boy crouching down to her level gently wiping a tear away.

"What happened?" Sam said looking at the girl for any clues checking to see if she was hurt.

The moment Sam had asked that he saw the girl break out into sobs hugging her knees to her chest.

"I'm sorry, i'm sorry." The boy whispered as he gently took the shattered girl into his arms.

Sam had continued to tell her everything would be okay as he gently kissed the top of her head.

As the girl calmed down her red stained eyes looked up at Sam like a hurt puppy pleading with him to not leave her alone.

"We'll stay here as long as you need, Tillie." Sam reassured the girl taking a seat next to the girl and putting his arm around her pulling her into his chest.

Tillies tear stained cheeks were pressed against the boy she loved most as she shivered.

"Everything with be okay, I'll make sure of it." The boy had whispered once more.