Chapter 1: Don't freeze up

Y/N POV

I felt like death, on every side people walked past me all with dreams like mine, all wanting to be heroes.
Some of them recognized me and still thought I was quirkless, just the thought of having to use my quirk makes my insides twist up.
Despite my fear building endlessly on top of itself I kept moving forward.
Then something caught my eye, I saw a boy with what seemed to be broccoli for hair almost fall over before being caught.
He looked familiar for some reason, like I'd seen him somewhere before.
But still, even the thought of standing out, even by tripping and falling over, makes me almost lose my lunch.

Sitting in the presentation hall almost made me run out the door.
Not only did the mere thought of being Present Mic, standing in front of all those people, yelling at the top of his lungs, not getting a response when he called out.
But the person sitting next to me decided to stand up and ask a question, the spotlight pretty much illuminated everyone around him, including me!
I don't even remember what he said.
It all makes me sick to my stomach.
But I've already done the written exam, I've come too far to quit now.

The rules were clear.
Three different types of targets, each worth 1-3 points each, one enemy type acting as a sort of obstacle to avoid worth 0 points to destroy, sabotaging other examinee's with result in disqualification.
Score plenty of points to get into U.A, shouldn't be too hard.

I look down at my Exam Ticket.
Examinee No.: 2349
Test Location: Battle Center C

Soon, all the examinee's had moved off to the separate battle centers.
The gate of the city replica loomed tall over me, but I felt comfortable within the murmuring crowd, I felt invisible.
But I can't get too comfortable being invisible, that's not what I came here to do, if I want the most points I'll split from the group immediately, turning down the nearest left street to look for targets away from people who can steal points from me.

This is it, the end all be all, all or nothing, in a couple seconds I know for a fact everyone will be charging in to rip through the early targets.
I may not have trained as hard as others for this, but I'll give it my best shot no matter what. 
It all comes down to this, will I hide away in the shadows and cower from the spotlight?
Or will I face my fears with everything I've got?
None of that really matters right now, what matters is no matter what.

I don't freeze up.