♚Face to Face ♚

Hours later..

The rain had finally parted and the sun shined barely through the still dark clouds. Everyone stood around a giant tree line, completely torn down in a straight path from the ocean. Another group stood on the beach, examining some sort of drag across the sand. Foot prints were engraved in the ground, larger then any bear.. Serizawa stood at the foot print, digging around in the wet sand. A student pointed, "Look! That crazy old man is digging in the print!.." People huddled around him quickly, his gloved hands dirty as he wore some sort of special see through cloak. Finally he caught something, pulling it out. Serizawa looked back, "Everyone, everyone step back down!" He pulled out his hand, holding something small in his hand.. "A trilobite. A perfectly intact, trilobite." Men in Monarch outfits walked into the scene, a giant box in hand. They held a device to it to the foot print. The box vibrated and beeped wildly, as Serizawa quickly begin stepping away. He put the Trilobite in a zip lock bag, everyone else being forced to get away from the depression in the floor. Ejirou walked through, muttering. "What the hell are you doing?!" Serizawa glanced at him, "I told you, Simmons.. My story is no fable. It's repeating itself, and this time I refuse to let it go unnoticed.." He walked off with the crew, Ejirou looking around angrily. He growled and threw his hands up, "Everyone, everyone get away! You all should be over at the tree lines instead!" Everyone quickly rushed over, Daichi standing in the crowd for a moment. Ejirou took notice, and before he could look him in the eyes.. Daichi turned and walked away with the crowd. 

        Serizawa was sitting in a lab like room, examining the trilobite thoroughly. The phone rang, and he turned to across the room. He quickly shuffled over and picked the phone up, it was The Headmaster. "I heard you have a request for me.. And first off, I wanna start by asking why the hell should I listen to you after showing up to the island unannounced?" Serizawa squinted, "I don't work for Monarch.. You know that. I wanna meet with one of your students." Daigo recoiled in his seat in confusion, "You're insane." Serizawa continued to speak, "Daichi Tanaka." He fell silent. Before an abrupt answer. "No." Serizawa gripped the telephone tightly, "God damn it.. I deserve to, and you know that." The phone hung up. Serizawa froze before angrily slamming the phone back down. "Fine, fine I'll find him myself!" He stormed out the room, the trilobite sitting alone now. 

        Daichi was dragging trees off the dirt with a small group as others dug around in basically hazmat suits. Their main goal was to find more Trilobites. A student spoke as they hauled the smashed branches to a pile, "Trilobites.. Millions, if not billions of years old. Went instinct god knows how long ago, and some crazy old man finds one on a beach?! No way." Another spoke, "What are we dealing with here? They said it was a submarine, but it's starting to look like we have some dinosaur running around." The first student looked up at Daichi, "Hey, you said you saw it out there! So what was it?.." Daichi froze, feeling his sweat grow cold. "I.. I couldn't tell, it was rainy. But, a giant lumbering silhouette was all I could make out. I hear the elders around here speak of something. Gojira, or.. Godzilla, goes between." The second student tilted his head, "What is that? Demon? Yokai?" Daichi shrugged, "I don't know." He looked back at the long crushed line of trees. "But, I think whatever it is just surfaced for the first time in a long time.. The people talking about it here are old, and they speak of it like they've seen it before.." The two students looked at each other, "So, ask them. I'm sure there's a few around somewhere.." Daichi looked back at Ejirou staring at him from afar. "Not when I have the chaperones up my ass right now.. I'll have to try another time. A chaperone came up to Daichi from the side of his vision, "Are you- Daichi Tanaka?" He hesitantly nodded, setting his branches down. "I am, why?" The chaperone cleared their throat. "Someone wants to speak to you.. Dr. Serizawa." He blinked confused. "That old guy?" The chaperone awkwardly nodded, "He wants to speak to you, now."