Global Amino Acid Industry Leaders: Top 5 Manufacturers

Originally Published on: SpendEdge |Top 5 Global Amino Acid Manufacturers

Amino acids are organic compounds that are necessary for humans to construct proteins, eliminate waste, synthesize DNA, repair tissues, digest food, and carry out other physiological functions. There are three types of amino acids: essential, non-essential, and conditional. Of these, conditional amino acids are used by the body for specific purpose regarding combating illness or use as fitness supplements. In addition to their applications in food technology, animal feed, and fertilizers, industrial applications of amino acids include the production of catalysts, biodegradable polymers, cosmetics, and pharmaceuticals. The procurement market intelligence report identifies the increase in production of amino acid-based animal feed products, the demand for dietary supplements, and the rise in the use of flavor enhancing products as the key growth drivers for the global amino acid market. In addition, the APAC region is identified as the largest market for amino acid consumption in the report.

Leading Manufacturers of Amino Acids The Japanese culinary and chemical company Ajinomoto produces cooking oils, seasonings, TV dinners, amino acids, sweeteners, and pharmaceuticals. Since 1908, the company has been a global leader in research and development, production, and sales of amino acids, amino acid-based products, and edible ingredients. Their product has set the industry standard for purity, resulting in proteins of superior quality, consistency, and safety. In 2016, the company's revenue was approximately $10 billion.

ADM Archer Daniels Midland (ADM) is a global leader in the food processing and agricultural commodity trading industries. The company concentrates on providing end-products like food ingredients, renewable fuels, animal feed ingredients, and naturally derived substitutes for industrial chemicals. The company is also a top provider of a variety of animal nutrition-related products, including L-Lysine, L-Threonine, Tryptophan, Isoleucine, and Valine.

Cargill Cargill Inc. is a prominent American provider of food, agricultural, financial, and industrial goods. The business provides to a variety of markets, including food and beverage, animal nutrition, food service, bio-industrial, agricultural, meat and poultry, energy and industrial, beauty and personal care, pharmaceutical, and logistics. The company intends to triple its production of feed additives by 2020 by focusing on its amino acid business. In 2017, the company purchased Pollos EI Bucanero, a prominent producer of chicken and processed meat products in Colombia, in order to expand its protein business into South America.

The Evonik companyEvonik Industries is a global leader in specialty chemicals and a German company. The three primary commercial sectors of Evonik are chemicals, energy, and real estate. Their livestock feed supplements include MetAMINO (DL-methionine), Mepron, Biolys (L-lysine), CreAMINO, ThreAMINO (L-threonine), TrypAMINO (L-tryptophan), and ValAMINO (l-Valine). Their product REXIVA is utilized for a variety of nutritional applications, including dietary supplements, sports nutrition, infant nutrition, flavor enhancers, and medical nutrition.

Bio-Chemical Engineering on a Global ScaleGlobal Bio-Chem Technology is a Hong Kong-based company that manufactures and sells biochemicals. The lysine, protein lysine, and threonine products make up the company's amino acids segment. The company is among the largest lysine series product manufacturers in the globe. Among the company's product offerings are corn-based products, amino acids, polyol compounds, sweeteners, and modified starch.

Contact our specialists: https://www.spendedge.com/contact-us/