𝐀 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐀 𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐝.

As they exited the restaurant, Y/n deliberately refrained from intertwining her hand with Eren's.

Eren tightly grasped Y/n's hand, his confusion evident. "What in the world is going on?" he questioned, baffled by Y/n's persistent refusal.

Y/n let out a weary sigh, attempting to regain composure. She had no intention of seeking Eren's attention, did she?

Y/n's curious gaze fixed upon Eren, the questions bubbling on her tongue. With a slight pause, her summoned the courage to ask, "You know her?"

The room fell silent, the weight of those four words hanging in the air. Y/n's heart raced, anticipation building as she awaited Eren's response.

Eren's eyes flickered, his expression briefly betraying a fleeting moment of contemplation.
Finally, Eren's voice broke the silence. "Yes," he admitted, his tone understated but laden with unspoken depth. His eyes met Y/n's, and for an instant, the world seemed to hold its breath.

Y/n's curiosity persisted, her inquisitive gaze locked on Eren's face, awaiting an explanation for the woman's significance. Taking a deep breath, she ventured further, words laced with uncertainty, "Who is she? An ex-girlfriend or something?"

Eren's eyes widened, a split-second hesitation revealing his struggle to articulate the truth. A myriad of emotions swirled within him, entangled between wanting to be honest and not wanting to cause Y/n any pain. But the truth – that the woman had once held a significant place in his heart – couldn't be denied.

Yet, finding the right words felt like navigating a complex labyrinth, a delicate dance on the precipice of disclosure. Eren's mind raced, trying to find a way to communicate without shattering the fragile trust between him and Y/n.

"She... she was my girlfriend."

Y/n scoffed, disbelief etched across her face. "Ex? Are you sure she thinks the same way? She was looking at you like you were hers!" Her jaw clenched with visible tension, an unmistakable sign of her growing anger.

The room fell into an uneasy silence, thick with the weight of Y/n's words. Eren's expression tightened.

Eren's frustration reached its peak as he finally shouted back at Y/n, his voice laced with anger. "Is it my problem that she behaved like this?!" His voice reverberated through the room, the intensity echoing the turmoil within him. "I'm dating you, and you still don't trust me?" His voice cracked with a mix of frustration and hurt, every word dripping with the weight of his emotions.

Y/n, taken aback by the sudden outburst, felt a pang of guilt for her immediate anger. The room grew tense, both individuals locked in a battle of emotions.

Eren, his harsh words hanging in the charged atmosphere, quickly realized the weight of his anger as well. Regret washed over him, mingling with his frustration, as he understood the impact his outburst had on Y/n.

The silence that followed felt suffocating, heavy with unspoken apologies and restored reflections. Both Eren and Y/n stood on the precipice of vulnerability, their emotions finally laid bare.

Eren's voice quivered with remorse as he tried to apologize, "Sorry... I was just..." But before he could finish his sentence, Y/n turned abruptly and stormed away. "Wait!" Eren pleaded, desperation lining his words, but Y/n didn't listen. Determined, she continued to walk away, disappearing into the enveloping darkness.

Eren's heart sank as he watched Y/n retreat, a mix of regret and panic washing over him. His outbursts had pushed her away, and now he was left standing alone, the weight of his words heavy with consequence.

Eren's panic surged, his voice filled with desperation as he called out to Y/n, desperately trying to reach her. "Y/n! Please, answer me!" His pleas echoed into the night, unanswered. Fear coursed through his veins as he hurriedly began to follow her footsteps, each step forward intensifying his anxiety.

But no matter how hard he tried, his calls went unnoticed, swallowed by the abyss of silence. Y/n remained resolute, refusing to acknowledge his desperate pleas. Eren's heart clenched with a mix of regret and worry, his strides quickening in an attempt to catch up with her.

With a surge of desperation, Eren reached out, his hand wrapping tightly around Y/n's wrist, physically halting her steps. "Please, at least let me drive you home," he pleaded, his voice thick with a mix of desperation and concern.

Y/n's eyes met Eren's, her face a mask of stubborn resolve. "I can walk by myself," she stated firmly, attempting to pull her hand free from his grasp, resolute in her decision to keep her distance.

Eren's heart sank, the weight of the situation crashing down upon him. He released his grip on Y/n's wrist, his voice now holding a tinge of resignation. "You want to leave like this? Alright," he said, his tone even and devoid of any animosity.

Swallowing the bitterness that threatened to overcome him, Eren turned in the opposite direction, walking away from Y/n's retreating figure. His back hunched slightly, shoulders heavy with the weight of his disappointment and longing.

As he made his way towards his car, the path ahead seemed endless. Every step felt like an emotional battle, each footfall reminding him of what he had lost. The silence enveloped him, the absence of words echoing louder than any argument they had ever had.

Deep down, Eren hoped that wounds would heal and understanding would be rediscovered. But for now, he had to accept that they both needed space to process their emotions and find their own sense of clarity.

"y/n?!"

Y/n's ears perked up at the sound of a familiar feminine voice calling her name, causing her to abruptly turn around. Her eyes widened as she saw Mikasa's car waiting just a few feet away. Without a second thought, she ran towards it, her legs carrying her swiftly to the passenger side. As soon as she was inside the car, emotions overwhelmed her, and tears streamed down her face, falling unchecked.

Startled, Mikasa's heart clenched with concern and confusion, her mind racing as she tried to comprehend the depth of Y/n's pain. She instinctively reached out, her hand hovering over Y/n's trembling shoulder, unsure of how to comfort her. Words escaped her lips, but she found herself unable to form a coherent sentence in the face of such raw anguish.

Silent sobs wracked Y/n's body, her emotional dam breaking, the weight of her hurt pouring out in uncontrollable waves. Despite the overflowing turmoil, the comforting presence of Mikasa drew her in, giving her solace in the midst of chaos.

Sensitive to Y/n's anguish, Mikasa decided to set words aside for now, recognizing the need to simply be there in her time of despair. With gentle care, she brushed a strand of hair away from Y/n's tear-streaked face, her touch offering a small measure of solace and reassurance.

Time seemed to stand still within the confines of the car, the heaviness of the moment encompassing them both. Mikasa silently remained steadfast, supporting Y/n's vulnerable outpouring in whatever way she could. In this shared silence, the depths of their connection became palpable, a bond that transcended any spoken language.