Random Stuff Before School

"Mom? What's wrong...?" I asked. She mouthed something I couldn't quite make out, and called Brendon down.

"What is it?" I heard Bren call from the top of the stairs. Mom just said to come down again. So, he came, and my back felt a little bit better. "Why did I need to come?"

"There is something I need to tell you..." Mom said quietly. I wondered what it was... It's not like I said I got stabbed and survived- it was just a little back pain- Right?

She looked out the window and sighed. "What's... happening?" Brendon asked. I looked at Bren and said "I was having a little back pain and then Ma started to act weird..." Bren looked at me and shrugged, then admitted to having back pain as well.

"Never mind- why don't you two get ready? School starts Monday!" Brendon and I looked at each other again and rushed to our rooms. If we weren't ready, Mom would get really mad!

I packed my bag, and looked for what shirt I was gonna wear tomorrow. I saw one with an assortment of birds on it that was folded, put on top of everything, and lightly smiled. Mom must have put it there for me, she knew me and my bro loved birds.

I put it next to my bed, and found some cute looking light-tan pants and put those aside too.

Then I found a cute little necklace with a small metal feather on it. I thought it looked fun and put that aside too. Hopefully there wasn't any too bad of people at school.

I was going to a new school. This is a BIG thing for me, as I went to one singular other school for kindergarten to 6th grade! *bsst* I jump then look at my phone and see someone texted me.

It was Sam! I decided to hop on call cause why not- and I said hi! They said hello and we talked for a while about random things. Then they started to talk about how their teeth and head have been hurting, and they could smell... too well, yknow? Same thing with their ears, just hurting.

I said yeah, me and my bro have been getting back pain, headaches, and itchiness. She said 'same' when I mentioned the itchiness. Then we started saying (sarcastically) that we were werewolves! "Oh nooooo!" "We gonna be werewolves! :O" and stuff like that.

Then I looked on my nightstand and saw- a little blue stone. Wait- is that the- "I lost my sapphireeee" I heard a groan from Bren's room. I pick it up and bring it over. "You should really lock your door." He jumps as I say it, and I laugh. I give the stone to him and he forcefully takes it, embarrassed.

"Are you guys ready? It's almost 9." I think over a mental checklist.

-Clothes? Yup
-Toolbox? Yes
-Summerwork? In my bag
-Lunch money? Ya
That should be everything.

Me and Bren shout "Yes!" At the same time, then he goes "Jinx! Knock on wood!" I sigh and look around the room. I hear flapping and see he got a piece of paper and it 'knocking' on it.

"You owe me a.... Soda!" He says as he leans back on his bed, proud of himself. "Fiiinneee" I say and sit down. We both wince suddenly and I say "Owww". He looks at me and says "Is your back hurting-" and I interrupt with "-for no real reason? Yes, yes it is."

Then I hear Mom coming up the stairs, I check the time and realize it's 8:53! I rush to my room before she gets fully up the stairs and I make my bed. Then I rush to the bathroom to brush my teeth, and pray she doesn't come in the bathroom till I get in bed. Then, I rush into bed (after turning the lights out) and promptly fall asleep like, immediately.