Prologue

"So, assuming you've all heard the tale of how the kidnapped princess escaped from her tower with help from her-"
The speaker, a young adult male, was interrupted by the older middle-aged man standing beside him, "Amazingly good-looking"

     "-Ahem, miscreant companion, and-" the younger tried to say it as nicely as he could before he was yet again cut short by the elder, much to his dismay.

     "HEY! You know, you're a nice kid most of the time, but you're putting Team Awesome on the line right now. You could've at least worded it a little bit nicer. Actually, no, a LOT nicer. Maybe something more like, 'Her Cha-'" He paused when a glare was sent his way, "Okay, okay, I'll shut up now!"

     The former continued, "Now, as I was trying to say before I was, so rudely, interrupted." He sent yet another glare in the direction of the other.

     "You've heard the story of Corona's princess and the magical hair she was born with when her mother consumed the power of the Sundrop flower in an effort to stay alive.  The power of the Sundrop was presumably lost to her when her hair was cut and she returned to the castle and her beloved kingdom." He paused to take a breath before continuing again.

     "About six months after her return and the night before her coronation would take place, the princess and her lady-in-waiting snuck out of the castle and came upon some black rocks just outside of Corona. Long story short, her long magic hair grew back, she ended up battling some of the most fearsome and dangerous enemies in all of the seven kingdoms, and she lost her long magic hair again. Now she reigns over her kingdom in peace." the boy gasped out the rest before inhaling and exhaling slowly, "Whew, I can finally breathe easy knowing I've finished."

     "I'll say," the man muttered to himself, "and you thought my ego was big..." He looked over at the teen, "Seriously! Calling yourself one of the most fearsome villains in ALL of the seven kingdoms?!"

     The youth in question merely blinked, "Okay, first of all, I never specified myself. Second, did you get amnesia or something because, I just so happen to know that I was the ONLY individual who managed to infiltrate Corona's walls AND disarm at least half of the guards in Corona, withOUT any sort of magic," he pointed out the facts that he had to come to terms with a few years ago himself, "this being one thing you especially couldn't do, Eugene."

     "Oh, yeah, you did do that didn't you, Hair Stripe," Eugene, as he was revealed to be, ruffled the hair of "Hair Stripe" before continuing, "Well, I've gotta go, royal guard duties call, and remember, you've just finished the introduction.  Don't forget to introduce yourself either.  In the snazziest way possible, please, for Team Awesome.      
   See ya, bye. "

     "I knew I was forgetting something," the remaining figure mumbled to nobody in particular, "He's right, I have yet to introduce myself.  Well, I'm Varian. You may know me as the Royal Engineer of Corona, The Alchemist or Wizard of Old Corona, or even the Youngest Villain to Take Over a Kingdom, if they still worry about that nowadays. I don't blame 'em if they do, to be honest. 
     That wasn't really my best title, but, hey, now Corona has hot running water and I was the one who built and designed it."

     He smiled as he continued talking, "Well, now that's out of the way and we can actually begin. 
     As I've previously introduced myself, I'm Varian, and this is my story..."

608 Words (Taco 'bout short. Lol)