Rain

Min Yoongi sat by the window, watching the rain fall, watching it drag down the glass. The pitter patter of the droplets against the leaves, the pouring against the window made him feel tired. So sleepy, he was. He turned to his roommate who was cooking, a smile on his face appearing. "What are you cooking, Tae?" He asked, his question soft but loud enough so his friend could hear. Taehyung had looked up from his cooking, his brown eyes gazing upon his roommate sitting at the window. "Ah. Well, I'm making our favorite, spaghetti and meatballs with shredded cheese."

Ah yes, the classic hot meal on a rainy day. He loved the taste of the red, pasty tomato sauce with oregano, pepper, salt, and the taste of meat in the form of circles, long noodles that slide down your throat, warm feelings in your stomach once they hit the bottom of it. "Thank you, Tae." Soft, red cheeks formed on Taehyungs face as he heard his friends soft voice, wanting to hear it next to him every morning when he woke up. He wanted to see his smile, the chubby cheeks when he wakes up, puffy eyes. He wanted to hold him close to his body and pull him in his lap to say sweet nothings. To hear his giggles and laugh.

To hear everything out of him. Now, he didn't want to get ahead of himself, since he had not known if his friend had a partner of love or not. "Taehyung, the food." He snapped out of it and looked at the noodles in the pot. Straining all the water out of the pot, he then placed them in the spaghetti sauce, mixing it around with the meatballs in it. "Thank you, Yoon." He said, finishing the cooking, spooning it into two bowls and putting the rest in a container. Placing it inside of the fridge for later if they wanted to heat it up. Yoongi stood and shuffled his socked up feet over to the tall male with blondish brown hair. "It looks so good."

"Thank you."

"You're welcome."

Yoongi had taken a bowl, sitting on the comforter with his legs crossed in an 'x'. Starting to eat the noodles. Taehyung sat next to his roommate, smiling like a dork. He watched the television, seeing what was on as he scrolled through many of the channels on the screen. Pressing a movie of some sort, he started to eat his spaghetti. Looking over at his roommate, he hummed softly and admired him from afar, his side profile being perfect. Yoongi was perfect to him. He realized he was staring for quite a while, looking forwards to the television show. It was a quiet, rainy day, and Yoongi was loving it. The pattering of the drops on the window, the wind hustling the branches. The second the rain was over, Yoongi would be outside sitting and enjoying the cool air. For now, he was staying inside, enjoying his warm meal.

Finishing a bit later, Yoongi stood up, walking to the kitchen as he placed the bowl and fork into the sink. Starting to wash them, placing them into the dishwasher to get more clean. He didn't know how it worked, since he washed them, getting them clean and setting them in the washer. "Hey Yoongi, did you want to curl up next to the fireplace with a warm blanket like you always do?" Taehyung asked, earning a nod from his roommate. He always took pictures of him, with permission of course, sitting in front of the fire with his big blanket over him. "May I take a picture?" He asked. Yoongi sat down at the fireplace, smiling and nodding. Posing for the picture, Taehyung took it with a Polaroid camera, shaking it and setting it down to let it develop.

"I like that you have a Polaroid camera. How much did you pay for it?"

"About 80 bucks." Yoongi raised an eyebrow before standing up and walking over to Taehyung, sitting next to him and taking the Polaroid camera, looking closely at it. "This is so cool.. What can I take a picture of?" He asked, not really knowing anything about it. The male was curious about the world, and Taehyung wanted to give him it. And that's what he was planning on doing. Giving the whole world to him. Yoongi had taken a picture of Taehyung sitting right there, and Taehyung was caught off guard to say the least. Yoongi stared at Taehyung, smiling his famous gummy smile as he silently laughed, his shoulders moving up and down. The rain started pouring and tapping against the window, Yoongi was thrilled to go see the rain. Taehyung was curious onto why Yoongi had been so mesmerized by the rain.

Yoongi had always told Taehyung that he just liked the sound of it and how it looks when it poured down across the leaves, the trees turning in the wind. He just wanted to go feel it. He hated it when Taehyung had told him to stay inside about 24/7, only to go shopping with a mask on. And sunglasses. He never knew why, Taehyung said it was polluted out there and could burn his eyes.

"I just don't want you hurt," is what Taehyung said every time. Yoongi just wanted to know the real reason.

Taehyung just wanted to protect him from the real world.