Chapter 1: Our Arrival

(A/N: You are Janna, I just hate typing Y/N and it makes me uninterested in the story if I do Y/N, because everything has to be vague.

Ex: "The dress was my favorite color." or "The dress was a beautiful shade of f/c." VS "The dress was blue, which happened to be my favorite color." or "The dress was a beautiful shade of blue, I remember mentioning that blue was my favorite color but I didn't realize anyone had taken note of it.")

(Janna/The Reader's POV)

I had followed my brother Jacob and I regret it, we are now being chased because he's too stupid that we are no longer in the present day. Our grandfather's last words where, "Go find the bird, Cairnholm, September 3, 1940." I realized, where in September 3rd, 1940. I felt someone grab my arm, I turned and recognized her instantly, "Emma!?" The girl looked at me surprised before making a serious face, "Who are you? A wight?!" I shook my head. I have no idea what a wight is but I don't believe I am one. The girl pulled me and Jacob behind a house, "Miss. Peregrine will know what to do with you." She said before yanking us along. She pulled us through dark alleyways and behind houses until we made it to the bog. She took a step and turned around to face me and Jake, "Step exactly where I do, or you'll sink to the bottom." I nodded and followed her, Jacob not far behind me. 

Once we made it to the other side the girl pulled us through some trees until we came to a house. I recognized the house immediately from the photos Grandpa Abe used to show me. "Miss. Peregrine's home for Peculiar Children..." I said in amazement. Jacob and I had found the ruined one from our time but this version was in it's best condition. I couldn't help but smile even though Jacob looked at me like I was crazy. Jake had dismissed Grandpa Abe's stories as stories but I knew they were real, so when Jake wasn't around I had our Grandfather tell me more stories. I couldn't believe that for once, I was right and Jacob was wrong, they weren't just fiction but instead reality. I followed closely behind Emma, I remembered that she could manipulate fire, I prayed that she wouldn't melt my face off. Jacob was a few feet behind me. 

Emma opened the door to the house and brought us to a room that I assumed was a study. A victorian woman, who I assumed was Miss Peregrine was looking at the bookshelves, she turned to us, "Miss. Bloom! Unhand them, Immediately!" Emma let go of us and Miss Peregrine dismissed her, "Hello, Miss and Mr. Portman. I have been awaiting your arrival." Jacob looked confused but everything clicked for me, "Hello, Miss Peregrine," I said, a huge grin plastered on my face, "It's wonderful to meet you." Miss Peregrine looked at me specifically, "How much do you know?" My grin weakened to a smile, "I know just about everything, peculiars, loops, ymbrynes... Except Emma mentioned wights... I have no idea what that is." Miss Peregrine smiled at me, "Abe taught you well, what about Mr. Portman?" I sighed, "He only knows what he was told as a young age, he thought this all was a lie, he was influenced by our parents." Miss Peregrine walked over to Jacob, "I assure you that everything Abe told you is true." Jacob's mouth hung open. 

I let Miss Peregrine explain everything, then she told us of hollowgasts and wights. 

"One of them must of killed, Grandpa Abe..." I covered my mouth, tears started forming in my eyes. Miss Peregrine looked shocked, "Abe is dead?" Jacob nodded, I couldn't speak. Emma appeared in the doorway, "Your lying!" Miss Peregrine sighed, "Miss Bloom it is not appropriate to eavesdrop." Emma ran off crying. 

Miss Peregrine said we could explore and go talk to her wards, Jacob went out into the yard but I stayed in the study, "May I stay?" I asked. Miss Peregrine tilted her head slightly, "But you don't even know what it's like here.." I smiled, "I've spent years wishing I was here, with you all. I hate my life, I want to be here." Miss Peregrine smiled, "I'll see what can be done. If you would like to I could tidy up a room for you." I nodded, "I would appreciate that. Thank you, Miss P."