01.

Chapter One | Y'all Got Me Fucked Up

February 2024

"Yaeko, chill," Joshua said, holding her back from fighting with Galina.

"No, I'm tired of this family keep trying me!" Yaeko yelled.

Yaeko was over at Joshua's house when his cousins and their significant others showed up. At first, it was all good then slick comments started being made, and Yaeko was tired of the shade being thrown so she confronted them. Words were exchanged and now Yaeko wanted to put her foot up Galina's ass.

"You're a homewrecker. I don't know why you playing house with her instead of working on your marriage with your childhood sweetheart, Josh," Galina said.

"Playing house? Home wrecker? Bitch, I ain't no home wrecker and you know that. Y'all pissing me the fuck off with that bullshit," Yaeko said.

Yaeko and Joshua had started dating when Joshua and his soon-to-be ex-wife separated. At first, Yaeko wanted nothing to do with Joshua because of how messy his situation was already but he pursued her to the point she decided to give him a chance.

That was a fucking mistake.

Giving Joshua a chance led to her having three kids by him and finding out that Joshua and his soon-to-be ex-wife were never getting a divorce until recently when Joshua decided that he wanted more with Yaeko and filed for divorce.

That shit tore Yaeko up finding that Joshua was still married while dating her. She felt so betrayed by him and so stupid for not noticing the signs of him being married.

Now she was stuck and being painted as the mistress that broke up a family when that wasn't the case and his soon-to-be ex-wife wasn't making things any better. She was enjoying his family attacking Yaeko and never correcting them on the situation. Instead, she played into it like she was a victim. She was the faithful and loyal wife who lost her husband when in reality she was the one who left Joshua because she couldn't handle his career taking him away from home.

No matter how many times Joshua and Yaeko corrected people about their situation. No one believed them. Everyone thought they were trying to save their reputation.

On top of everything going on, Yaeko recently gave birth to her and Joshua's third child together. A baby girl, Jovie Monet Fatu. They also broke up because Yaeko felt that Joshua was not doing enough to protect her and her children against his family. He was doing the bare minimum to her and she was not going to stick around and let her or her children be mistreated because Joshua was acting like a scared little boy afraid to put everyone in their place.

"Girl, how long are you going to keep saying that lie? Everyone knows you were the side chick trying to be the wife," Trinity said.

Yaeko stood there heartbroken. It wasn't the fact that Trinity called her a side chick. It was the fact that she and Trinity had been friends since before Trinity got with Jonathan. Since everything went down, she has barely talked to Trinity. Trinity wouldn't even hear her out. She's been acting like a real fake bitch to Yaeko. Trinity didn't believe anything Yaeko had to say. That hurt Yaeko to the core.

"This point... Fuck it. I don't have to prove anything to y'all. Joshua, I'm taking my kids and we're gone. Stay the hell away from me," Yaeko told Joshua as she pulled away from his hold.

Joshua blocked her from leaving the living room.

"Yaeko, stop," Joshua said.

"No, Joshua, I can't keep doing this. It's not fair I'm being made out as the bad guy when I'm the fucking victim," Yaeko said.

"Please, just sit down and let me handle this," Joshua told her as he poked his bottom lip out in a pout.

Yaeko rolled her eyes.

They stared at each other for a little bit, Yaeko fighting with her thoughts about staying. She quietly groaned as she sat down.

"Look, I understand you guys feel the need to be loyal to Takecia but y'all wrong. We were separated when I got with Yaeko. No matter what y'all want to think. Yaeko had nothing to do with my marriage ending. Y'all need to stop this bullshit and respect her as my woman and the mother of my children," Joshua told his cousins.

Galina rolled her eyes.

"She has brainwashed you," Galina said.

Joshua rolled his eyes at her and kissed his teeth.

"We can do a lie detector test. Yaeko and I aren't lying about anything. The only issue here is the fact I took too long to file for divorce, that's all," Joshua said.

At this very moment, Joshua could care about proving to Yaeko that she was a priority to him and if he had to fight his whole family for her then he would do it for her.

Joe decided to be the voice of reason but his wife just couldn't shut her mouth. Joshua and Yaeko both groaned when Galina brought up a screenshot of a text message that Takecia had sent to her about Yaeko promising to beat her ass for talking about her kids.

"Why would you threaten her?" Galina asked.

"Because she was talking about my kids," Yaeko replied with a duh tone.

Galina got all up in Yaeko's face and from that point, Yaeko blacked out and whacked Galina in the face. They ended up fighting with Yaeko winning against Galina before Joshua pulled Yaeko off of her. Everyone was shocked.

"Y'all got me fucked up!" Yaeko said as Joshua carried her out of the room. "Fuck this family!" She exclaimed.