Chapter Eleven

Inara's pov

Its been a few weeks since my 'Need to know' single and music video was released and boy let me tell you I've been the hot topic for awhile. People didn't know how to feel about me expressing my sexuality I guess and how I dress . I got a lot of love people calling me ' the feminist icon ' , but I've also got a lot of hate . But you know what they say and publicity is good publicity. 

But I'm proud of myself I've even been invited to the music awards for ' Best new single of 2001' , I've only got one award and that was for my 'best new artist of 2000' so I'm super pumped . Ever since that night with Marshall things have been weird like I see him glare at me and then he tries to flirt with me , I swear he's so hot and cold I lowkey think he's bi polar  . But not my man not my problem I've just been avoiding him and I think his catching on . Like the other day he held the elevator for me and I just dogged him a took the stairs .

I was in the studio today working on my album when Roxanne came in " Hey girl" she said hugging me handing me coffee. " hey what's up?" I smiled at her taking the coffee giving her a quick thanks . 

" So there's a party tonight and a lot of celebrity's are going its kind of like a night out before the music awards you down?" She asked , I thought about it I bet Christina and Britney are going to be their i miss them we've just had such bad timing with our schedule's if one of us are off then the others are busy its so annoying and there invited to the music award for MTVs so I'm gonna go . "Hell yeah i get to be with my 3 girls !" I smile at her taking a sip of my coffee. "alright sounds good baby " She smiled " What time is it tonight ?" I asked " It starts at 10 at the club its closed down to the public " Good I don't have to worry about paps .

------

The day went by fast me and Roxanne got home and started to get ready for the party i did a little more darker then normal (pic above) . I decided to wear something cute and flowy for the night I already know my girls are going look sexy so I don't want to be the ugly friend . I chuckle at myself , I've always been a little more self conscious  of myself because everyone one that's a mans standards is white with blonde a hair and blue eyes I mean look whos popular right now! Paris Hilton , Britney spears ( yes she's my best friend but still I am self conscious ) , Hillary duff , I mean even Lindsey Lohan I know she's not blonde but she's every guys type they are the 'it' girls right now . So I always feel like when I go out in public I have to look my best I already get a lot of disrespect in the pop community simply because I'm Asian . But I'm about to prove everyone wrong tomorrow by winning that award .

It will be like a big fuck you to everyone's face and I'll finally get respect I feel like. I changed into a white skirt with lace at the bottom . And a see through shirt with a sweetheart neckline with a flowy over sweater and I of course throw on my chunky heels .

 And a see through shirt with a sweetheart neckline with a flowy over sweater and I of course throw on my chunky heels