Chapter One

Emerson Diors laid still in the grass, staring up at the sky. It was slowly becoming gray, an almost spooky contrast to the bright blue it had been nearly twenty minutes before. Clouds swiftly moved above, as if racing each other to see who could make it rain first.

The summer air felt sticky. It had been this way for weeks. But Emerson didn't hate it in it's entirety.

A sudden crash came from the house behind Emerson, followed by a loud bark. Emerson sat up, and looked it it's direction, waiting for the shrill voice that was soon to follow.

Sure enough, she heard her mother shout. "Sirius! What did I tell you about tormenting the damn cat?"

There was another crash, followed by a groan of frustration. "Emery! Get in here and unpack your things! It's been weeks!"

Emerson rolled her eyes and made her way to the house. When she opened the door, Coralie Diors stood with her arms crossed and foot planted on a box that read Emery Clothes.

"You know, I'm not allowed to do magic so it might be easier if you did it..." Emerson raised her eyebrows and smiled, gesturing to the box in a joking manner.

"For the mother of Merlin, Emery," Coralie picked up the box and shoved it in Emerson's arms. "We've lived here for three weeks and you've been wearing the same five outfits. Now if you want to see George this weekend go unpack your things — Sirius! Leave Bandit alone now!"

Emerson turned around and saw Sirius Black sliding his foot under the a bookshelf were Bandit was hiding. She frowned and went to rescue her cat.

"I was just playing with her," Sirius shrugged, a smile on his face as he watched Emerson pick up Bandit.

"It's like there are two children living here," Coralie rolled her eyes as she slid another one of Emerson's unpacked boxes towards the stairs. "The cat hates you, Sirius. Leave her alone."

Sirius made a face at Coralie before sitting on the couch. "I don't know why she hates me so much," he shrugged. "Maybe its the bad propaganda."

"It's because you're a dog," Emerson told him and she watched Bandit scurry up the stairs. "Literally."

"Emery, go upstairs," Coralie hissed. "Remus will be home in an hour and I want your room unpacked and cleaned."

"Yes, mother!" Emerson piled the boxes in her arms and followed Bandit to her room.

After Emerson finished her fifth year at Hogwarts, Coralie decided it was time to relocate. It was more for the security, than the convenience, as when the news spread that Remus Lupin was a werewolf he began to receive threats to his life. The move came as quite a surprise to Emerson, but not because Coralie and Remus made the decision to move in together, more so that they asked Emerson for her permission.

Sirius Black came with them to the new home, as well as the energetic hippogriff, Buckbeak, who spent his free time frolicking in the near by fields.

When the day came to move, Emerson was surprisingly quite happy. There were acres upon acres of fields and forests for her to explore, a massive bedroom, and the biggest perk of it all — she was twenty minutes away from the Weasley Fsmily's home on the outskirts of Ottery St Catchpole.

Emerson had yet to see the Weasley's since the move, with Coralie stating that they needed time to settle into their new home. She was so excited to bring Fred and George Weasley to come see her new abode. But she was even more excited to just see George.

Emerson sat on her bedroom floor, taking a final look at her clean and put together bedroom. It was the final request of her mother that would allow her to see George, and quite frankly, Emerson would do seventeen back flips in a row if it meant she could see her boyfriend.

There was a faint knock on her door before it creeped open slowly. "Emery?"

"Hi."

Remus, her father, stood in the doorway holding a plate of chicken and potatoes. "I thought I would come bring you dinner since you are so busy cleaning up her." He handed the plate and cutlery, a gentle smile on his face.

After the confrontation at the end of Emerson's fifth year, the relationship that she and Remus had began to improve. She was by no means ready to refer to him as her father, in her own head or verbally, as there was still a sense of doubt about the relationship that he had with Coralie.

But, in the end, Remus did seem to care about them. He cooked dinner, and helped Coralie start the garden. He even began giving Emerson small gifts of appreciation.

"Thank you," Emerson said softly. "Now that my room is clean will I be able to see my friends this weekend?" It felt a but odd asking his permission, but she felt that it was the right thing to do.

"Of course. I'll take you to the Weasley's myself."

Three more days. Three more days and Emerson could see her boyfriend, George Weasley.