Chapter 17

"So let me get this straight," Chanyeol huffs from his chair at the two of them, "you broke up."

"Yep," Chorong says as she sips her soup.

"Then what is he still doing here?" Chanyeol points rather accusingly at Junmyeon, sitting by the edge of her bed beside her and helping fold up her clothes.

"She's still recovering, she needs someone to look after her," Junmyeon answers.

"Okay, but then does that mean you're not coming back once we go home tomorrow?"

"No, she's only being discharged, it doesn't mean she's all better. And besides, just because we broke up doesn't mean I'm don't love her anymore." Junmyeon turns to smile at Chorong with an utter adoration, and she smiles back, equally infatuated. "I'll still be coming around to help, you and Bomi are busy enough as is with the students and the big competition."

"What? No, that's even more confusing," Chanyeol huffs again. "You two still love each other, you bought her a ring, but you're broken up? Is it me?" he asks, looking to Namjoo in the chair beside him for help. "Is there something that I'm not getting here?"

"No, I don't get it either," she agrees, looking over to the two in confusion.

"We're taking things slow," Chorong explains. "It always did feel like we were somewhat rushing into the relationship, so we've decided this was good point to start fresh again, you know? Really reassess each other and our relationship, and what we both want. And if things do happen, then they happen," Chorong shrugs, sharing another soft smile with Junmyeon as she does. "I'm happy to work it out slowly, however long it takes."

"And yes, you should forget the ring," Junmyeon adds, glaring sternly at Namjoo who shrinks in her seat. "No one was supposed to know in the first place anyway."

Chanyeol considers it for a minute, turning to look at Namjoo before the pair both shake their heads at them. "Nope, still don't get it."

"Well, it makes sense to us," Chorong dismisses, glancing up to Junmyeon for confirmation, and Junmyeon beams back once more, hand reaching up to help comb back a loose strand of hair, letting his fingers trail against her face as he does.

Chanyeol clicks his teeth at them. "Whatever, as long as I don't have to watch you two be nasty again all the time."

Namjoo scoffs with a sly smirk. "Oh please, I bet they don't last two weeks. I walked in on them making out just the other day."

"Ugh!" Chanyeol exclaims in disgust as Chorong chokes into the last of her soup and Junmyeon's face bursts into flames.

"That was just a kiss and a momentary lapse in judgement, it will not happen again," he quickly explains to the two as he pats Chorong gently on the back and hands her a napkin.

"It won't?" Chorong asks softly, doe eyed as she looks up to him between coughs, and when he motions his eyes at the siblings, quickly straightens and clears her throat, announcing with more confidence, "I mean, of course it won't."

Chanyeol scoffs and leans to Namjoo. "One week," he says, holding up a finger as the girl snickers, and Junmyeon thanks the heavens for Bomi's sudden and bombastic entrance into the room.

"Unnie!" the girl exclaims excitedly as she beckons to a tall figure behind her. "Look who I ran into on my way here, it's Hyunwoo oppa!"

All four heads snap to the figure standing behind her, holding up a bouquet of flowers. "Noona, long time no see," the hulking and dashing creature known as Hyunwoo greets as he steps in. "And you too, Chanyeol!" Hyunwoo waves. "It's been a while man!"