1. The Hard Truth

The aroma of freshly cooked dinner filled the air as Y/N was guided by her father to take a seat at the dinner table. The clinking of cutlery and soft background music created a soothing ambiance. However, a cloud of tension lingered above them, foreshadowing the events about to unfold.

Y/N's father cleared his throat, nervously avoiding eye contact. "Y/N, there's something important I need to tell you," he began, his voice filled with apprehension. "Something that I should have told you a long time ago..."

Her brows furrowed in confusion, Y/N leaned forward, her full attention now on her father. "What is it, Dad? You're starting to worry me."

Taking a deep breath, he mustered the courage to continue. "Your mother..." he hesitated, voice trembling, "Your mother, whom I always told you was dead, is actually alive. But she's been missing since you were only six years old."

Time seemed to freeze as Y/N stared at her father, her mind struggling to process the magnitude of his words. The ground beneath her seemed to crumble as her heart pounded in her chest. The veil of her past had been ripped away, exposing the lies that had shaped her reality.

"Alive?" Y/N's voice quivered with skepticism and anger. "You let me believe she was dead all these years? How could you do that to me? To both of us?"

Her father's face contorted with regret and sorrow. "I thought it was for the best. It wasn't an easy decision, Y/N. I didn't want you to live with the constant pain of loss, always hoping for her return."

"Well, you succeeded in keeping me in pain," Y/N snapped, her voice laced with bitterness. "You kept this secret from me, denied me the truth about my own mother. How can I ever trust you again?"

Silence hung heavily in the room as the weight of their emotions settled between them. Y/N pushed her chair back abruptly, the noise echoing through the once tranquil space. Anguish etched across her face, she stormed out the front door, her footsteps echoing against the cold, unforgiving pavement.

Tears welled in her eyes as she fumbled in her pocket for her car keys, hands trembling with a mixture of anger and disbelief. The engine roared to life as she peeled out of the driveway, her vision blurred by the torrent of emotions streaming down her face.

Through tearful eyes, Y/N navigated the dimly lit streets, her thoughts consumed by the revelation that had shattered her world. Unbeknownst to her, her vision clouded by tears, she approached a busy intersection as the traffic light turned red. Time seemed to slow down as her foot pressed desperately against the brakes, but it was too late.

The screeching of tires mixed with the deafening impact as Y/N's car collided with another vehicle. Pain engulfed her body, as if the world had shattered into a million pieces. Her consciousness drifted away as darkness claimed her.

The next moments were a blur of lights, sirens, and frantic voices. Y/N was whisked away by paramedics, their urgency matching the gravity of her condition. The wailing sirens pierced through her foggy consciousness as she was rushed to the hospital, the bustling city a mere backdrop to her pain, both physical and emotional.

As the ambulance raced through the streets, Y/N's eyelids grew heavy with fatigue. The torment of her shattered reality, compounded by the tragically fitting accident, overwhelmed her fragile state of mind. Her grip on consciousness slipped away, leaving her to surrender to the unknown, her dreams mingling with the harsh reality she could no longer endure.