Chapter Six

≿━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

≿━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

We finished explaining what we had just seen up there to Erica and Robin, who were very confused as we walked down the steps.

"I don't understand. You've seen this before?" Robin asked us.

"Not exactly." Dustin answered. "But All you need to know is it's bad. It's really bad. Like, end-of-the-human-race-as-we-know-it kind of bad."

"Um...Steve, where's your Russian friend?" Erica asked, pointing to the empty spot where the Russian had been minutes before.

"Shit." I ran towards the door and saw multiple guards shouting and running towards us. "Guys! We gotta go!" I pushed open the door and the others ran out, with me running close behind them.

    "Maya!" Robin grabbed my hand and pulled me alongside her into the room where the machine was, the others running in with the guards close behind, shouting at us to stop.

    "Come on, quick!" I grabbed onto my brother's arm and pulled him into another room.

    Steve slammed the door shut and leaned heavily against it to keep it shut. "Robin! Maya! Shit! Help me, come on!"

   Robin and I ran over to him and pushed up against the door, our feet digging into the ground. "Dustin! You and Erica get out!"

    "No! Maya, I'm not—" Dustin shook his head as Erica tugged on his arm.

    "Dustin! I appreciate you being a loyal younger brother right now, but, go! Just get out of here! Just go get some help, okay?"

    Erica grabbed onto the vent in the floor and moved it slowly, hopping into the vents and looking at Dustin. "Dustin!"

    "Just go!" Steve shouted to him as the guards slammed into the door again.

    Dustin groaned in frustration, then hopped into the vents as Erica started crawling away. "I won't forget you!" he said, and ducked away, closing the vent.

    The door slammed open and we flew to the ground, a bunch of Russian guards walking in.

≿━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

"Steve! Are you okay?!" I asked as he was thrown into the room with me and Robin, his face all bloody.

    "Never better." he answered, spitting blood out onto the floor.

    "Hey, dingus, we don't appreciate the sarcasm right now." Robin said.

    "Oh, my God, you're bleeding!" Steve took my face between his hands gently, wiping away the small traces of blood on my nose and cheek. "Are you okay?!"

    I out my hands over his, shaking my head. "I'm fine. I'm more worried about you."

    Four guards came into the room, each of them looking like they just ate a whole bag of sour candy right before they came in here.

    "Put those two in chairs." one man instructed to Steve and Robin, then pointed to me. "Take that one to next room for evaluation."

    "Evaluation? Woah woah! Woah!" Steve shot up and pulled me behind him, stopping the guard that went to grab me. "You're not going anywhere near my girlfriend! »

    The older-looking guard laughed. "This man—he is funny, no?" he stopped laughing suddenly, his face stony. "Take her."

The guard near us grabbed onto Steve and dragged him away from me as another guard grabbed my arms, dragging me out; locking me in another room.

"Are you really gonna beat up a defenseless girl?" I asked, ripping my arm from the man's grasp.

"Only if you don't cooperate." he answered, grabbing my arm again. "How did you find us?"

"I don't know, man—" a hand cracked into my face, and split my lip. "Wait until I'm finished, Arnold Schwarzenegger!"

"How. Did you. Find us?" he repeated, putting on his brass knuckles and tapping his fist against my bruised chin.

"And I told you, I don't know." I answered stubbornly, and the man swung his fist into my face again.

I jabbed my hand into his throat. "Hurts, doesn't it?!"

The man grabbed onto my neck roughly, squeezing and cutting off my airway, lifting me off the ground.

"You..are a very annoying girl." he hissed as his hand tightened.

"I aim to please." I choked out, slamming my foot into his kneecap and having him drop me as he fell himself.

"Maya!" Dustin and Erica ran out of a door suddenly, and Erica slammed a taser-like stick into the man's chest, having it zap him full of electricity.

Dustin helped me up. "What the hell happened?!"

"Never mind." I said, my voice hoarse. "Steve and Robin—"

"I know. Let's go!" Dustin said to Erica, and we ran out of the door they came in from, and ran into where Steve and Robin were being kept; Erica tasing the guards as Dustin and I did our best to untie the two.

"Hey! Henderson! That's crazy, I was just talking about you." Steve said to Dustin with a little laugh.

"Holy hell, Maya. Are you okay?" Robin asked when she saw my bruised face and neck.

"It's fine. Let's get you two out of here." I answered.

"Get ready to run." Dustin said.

"Erica!" I got her attention. "Stop tazing them, or they're gonna be dead."