Rediscovering You

After the nerve-wracking evening at the circus, Scarlet found herself with a rare Tuesday off from work, providing her with some much-needed time to process the bewildering events of the previous night. Her fingers lightly graze the small bandage on her neck, a tangible reminder of the unusual encounter with Buggy yesterday.

"The damn clown really managed to cut me," she mutters, her frustration evident as she reflects on the reckless act of throwing a knife with closed eyes. "He could have seriously hurt me. Damn it! He could have easily killed me on the spot!" Scarlet couldn't help but dwell on the potential danger she had faced.

"Fuck that clown," she grumbled to herself, rising from her seat to move around her small one-bedroom apartment.

She gathers a few essentials and tucks them into her handbag, intending to step out for a while. Despite her initial wish to remain seated on the couch and curse Buggy for the ordeal she had endured, the persistent growl of her stomach reminds her that lunch should be a priority.

However, the prospect of a meal was marred by the realization that her fridge was quite empty, adding another layer of annoyance to her already unsettled thoughts.

With the lingering memory of the circus tent and Buggy's unsettling presence slowly receding, Scarlet manages to walk through Orange Town taking in its tranquillity. The gentle sea breeze carries the salty scent of the nearby bay, and the sound of seagulls fills the air, creating a serene atmosphere that soothes her restless thoughts.

Her destination was a small restaurant nestled by the bay, one of her favorite spots in town. The path meandered along the water's edge, offering occasional glimpses of sailboats gliding gracefully across the harbor. The rhythmic lapping of the waves against the shore provides a comforting backdrop to her stroll.

As she walks, Scarlet can't help but feel a sense of relaxation washing over her. The sun hangs high in the sky, casting a warm and inviting glow that illuminates the cobblestone streets and the colorful facades of the buildings. She marveled at the picturesque scenery, momentarily allowing herself to forget about the enigmatic clown and the circus spectacle.

Suddenly she hears an unmistakable voice calling her from a distance. "Miss Moore!" Her heart skips a beat as she turns around to locate the source, and there, approaching her is little Sarah, accompanied by her mother, who wears a grateful and somewhat emotional expression.

"Hello, Miss Moore," Sarah chirps again once a little bit closer, her eyes sparkling with excitement at seeing her teacher outside of school. "How are you?"

Scarlet can't help but return her warm smile. She kneels down to be at eye level with the young girl and replies with a soft tone of voice, "Hello Sarah. I'm fine. How are you doing?"

Instead of offering a verbal response, Sarah leaps into Scarlet's welcoming arms, wrapping them tightly around her teacher in a heartfelt hug. Communication through words might have been a challenge for Sarah, but her affectionate actions speak volumes.

Not far away, Sarah's mother watches this touching moment unfold, her eyes moist with gratitude. She can't hold back her emotions any longer as she begins to speak. "Thank you, Miss Moore. Sarah told me all about what you did at the circus yesterday. You put yourself in harm's way to protect my precious daughter."

Beneath her breath, Scarlet can't help but catch the older woman's muttered words, "To hell with that clown." The utterance was like an echo from the past, a stark reminder of the harrowing incident that had unfolded at the circus not long ago. While Scarlet is relieved that her courage has ultimately ensured Sarah's safety, a sentiment shared by all those present, there lingers a bitter aftertaste in her mouth.