chapter 19

I wake up the next day and bath, lotion my body and get dressed. I drive to Nkosana's house and the guards let me in.

I walk in and find a girl wearing his hoodie. It gets worse, it's his ex.

Her: oh hey, auntie.

Auntie?!

Her: you are very late and I think you're getting way too comfortable in my house hey. why aren't you wearing your uniform?

I roll my eyes and attempt to walk away before miss girl opens her mouth.

Her: oh, did he tell you that he proposed? yes, he proposed a few days ago and I said yes.

I look back and see her holding up her hand with the ring on her one finger. Nkosana walks in and looks at me. His jaw drops

Me: pick up your jaw, it's on the floor.
Nkosi: I can explain...
Me: you don't have to, I'm just the help in this house. besides, your wife to be has already told me everything.

I walk out and get in my car. I drive off to my apartment. This man is such a liar. An hour later, I can hear him ring my intercom.

Nkosi: Mapula.
Me: what?! what do you want?!
Nkosi: please let me in.
Me: go away!
Nkosi: baby...
Me: Nkosi, you have a fiancè. go back to her!

And he does as asked of him. I walk back to my room and change into black tights and an oversized black hoodie.

I can't believe I lost Bayanda. I can't afford to lose him, I love him.

I wear some socks and some sneakers. I request a ride to his house. The guards don't let me in and the rain starts pouring. I call him and he picks up.

Baya: go home, mapula.
Me: I'm not leaving without talking to you.
Baya: please leave...
Me: no.
Baya: mapula.
Me: I am not leaving until you hear me out, please.

He ends the call but doesn't open the gate for me. I just stand there in the rain, freezing.

After a few minutes, the gate opens and he comes out holding an umbrella.

Baya: come in.

We go in together. He runs me a bath and I take a long hot bath.

After my bath, I lotion my body using his products. I wrap a towel around my body and find one of his warm pajamas on the bed.

I wear them. They are so huge that I have to fold them a lot but they are still big.

I look for him everywhere but can't find him. I call his phone but he doesn't pick up. I guess he really doesn't want me around.

I will just wait for him. So I go to the living room and watch a movie.

I'm woken up by Bayanda picking me up, hours later. I fell asleep while waiting for him.

Baya: go back to sleep.

I shake my head and the tears just let themselves out. I lay my head on his shoulders as he walks to his room with me in his arms.

We finally get to his room and he tucks me in and takes a seat next to me. He attempts to get up and I hold his hand.

Baya: I just want to take a shower.

I nod and let go of him. He goes out and takes a shower. I'm feeling very sleepy so I just doze off.

I'm woken up by him pulling my closer to him. He turns me around, cuddles me and gives me kisses on my forehead.

Baya: I forgive you.
Me: thank you.
Baya: I'm not done, you got accepted at UCT so we're moving to Cape Town. I got a transfer, we're ready to go. I will just have to work there until they are done building my surgery.
Me: okay.

It seems like he has already made up his mind.

Me: where did you go?
Baya: when?
Me: when you left me by myself in your huge house.

He chuckles and looks at me.

Baya: I just wanted to clear my head. I went for a few drinks.

I nod again and we just cuddle.