Chapter 8

The sixth episode started quickly before anyone could complain about delay.

The trio could be seen making it up the mausoleum, courtesy of Alucard, probably.

"Back to us it seems." Sypha said gleefully. Others were excited to see their journey as well.

It was just beginning of dawn. The skyline turning a mixture of purple and orange.

"The view is immaculate." Lisa commented and others agreed, admiring the view.

The horde hadn't completely destroyed the city, many still survived to see the dawn. There were more dead bodies left than there were before. The bodies could be seen through torches and a little light from the sky.

"This view, however, is not." Lisa said with a distasteful look and others couldn't help but chuckle a little.

Trevor looked around wordlessly.
"The night horde." A soft voice murmured from behind him and he went for his whip.

"My instincts." Gabriel smiled at Trevor who smiled at acting like his father.

Alucard stood in the shadow of what seemed to be the entrance to a warehouse, beyond the dawn's light's reach. He had apparently pulled up the hood from his jacket over his face. Only showing his mouth and lower part of the nose.

"I thought the sun didn't bother you?" Leah asked and Adrian shrugged.

"I like to be isolated and observe my surroundings." He explained shortly and others nodded in understanding.
Vlad and Lisa nodded in confirmation as well, he did that ever since he was a child.

"Yes." Sypha agreed with the blond. "That is how we came upon your place of rest. During the battle, the ground gave away under us as we were fighting."

"Your little resting home is quite worthwhile apparently, especially when it comes to stability." Trevor muttered and looked at the blond.

"Of course. I made sure whatever I made was stable." Vlad said and Gabriel rolled his eyes slightly, assuming it was a jab at their burned down house.

"We Speakers have a house here," Sypha said into the following silence, probably towards Alucard since Trevor already knew that.
"It is not much, but you're welcome to it, and- my grandfather would very much like to meet you, I'm sure." Sypha said with a small smile.

"Well yes, other than being you, you're also apparently the sleeping soldier. Which is a big deal." Caltrina said and those who knew of the stories nodded. Adrian flushed, it all felt really overwhelming to him.

"If he actually listened to me and stayed underground." Trevor muttered, looking away.

"They will probably be out now, offering what aid they can to the people." She explained and Trevor sighed.

Sypha looked at him and then towards the blond. "I could show you to the house," she offered to him. "If- if you wish."

"I would be glad." Adrian smiled at the speakers who smiled back at the boy.

Alucard looked at her - and then at Trevor, expecting something. Trevor waved his hand.

"Do what you gotta do," he said and turned away with a sigh and muttered, "I'm hungry so I'm going to find something to eat. And my cloak, if I find it hopefully." He added the last line as an afterthought.