Chapter 7

Emory

The last couple days have been easier, turns out when I stopped fighting them in everything, I was able to see that it wasn't so bad here. Not saying that I prefer living here, but things definitely could have been worse. The Jacobs aren't bad people and I had been acting like they were. Yes I was still mad about the custody thing, but I've started to see other aspects of who they are. Throughout this week I've learned a lot more about them, Jessica does a lot of volunteer work at the community building, and Anthony is an EMT. Apparently he'll normally work three, twelve hours shifts a week a day off after each and then switch to a four day week the following week. Apparently this last week though he had used vacation time to help me "adjust" to my new living circumstances.

Just from their resumes alone I can see why the judge on paper felt they would be good parents. Which for some reason, that thought bugged me even more, but I couldn't pin point why.  Regardless I was going to try and let it go, I wanted to try and get along better and if I let this small thing irritate me, then that wouldn't happen.

School had been fine, I've hung out with Cody and his friends more, but Cassidy has continued to follow me around and taunt me. I'm not quite sure what I did to make her hate me, but for some reason she does. Aria and I are still getting along pretty well, or at least we were up until today. I don't even know what happened. It started when we got dropped off this morning. We had both gotten out of the car together, then her friend ran up to her, and stopped immediately when she saw me.

"Oh hi, I'm Bentley," the girls said awkwardly.

I gave her a polite smile and introduced my self, and right up until now Aria had been smiling too. "Emory or, EJ, eithers fine."

That was when her smile dropped and she dragged Bentley away saying they had to go, her friend looking just as confused as I was.
Then after school had ended that day, I had just managed to shake Cassidy off and get to the car when Aria snapped at me. Jessica wasn't in the car, because she had taken Georgie in to use the restroom real quick so it was just me and her. "Why were you talking to her?"

"Who, Cassidy?" I was confused because I wouldn't really say I was talking to her, more like fleeing like someone would from a fire.

"Just don't talk to her again okay!" She practically growled the words.

"Um okay, I'll try not too," I was about to ask more but that's when Jessica and Georgie came back.

"Alright, let's get home." She said before starting the car. Aria and I not saying a word to each other. I think we were in some kind of fight, but I wasn't sure what fight. When we got home, I was planning to do homework in our room, and I had gotten there first but an hour after she had been downstairs, she came stomping up, and lost it.

"Get out!" She screamed, and I looked up startled from the math homework I was doing.

"What?"

"Get out of my room now!" She demanded again.

"Why, I'm just-" she cut me off.

"I said get out!" She yelled again and started grabbing my things and tossing them into the hall.

"Stop that!" I yelled back trying to pick my school things and clothes off the hallway floor. I guess she decided she got enough of my things out though, because she then slammed the door and locked it while I was in the hall.