THE PROPHECY

These are the words I held back, as I was leaving too soonI was enchanted to meet you

as I was leaving too soon
I was enchanted to meet you.
Please don't be in love with someone else,
Please don't have somebody waiting on you.

Enchanted Taylor Swift

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Dearest gentle reader,

It's not uncommon for a new family to arrive in the ton at the start of the season, but when the new family comes from across the pond, surely there will be talk. And who better to talk than yours truly?

          When Arthur Ellington visited the Americas, a woman by the name Florence Forbes caught his eye, and marriage wasn't too far after that. Along with the marriage came three children, all of whom had to leave their rambunctious lives behind in New York when Lord Ellington decided to return to London after the wedding.

          Mrs. Forbes' children have wasted no time letting their rather loud presence be known to all of the ton. The youngest, Vincent Forbes, has seemed to charm a lot of people without meaning to. It's unclear if his sisters can say the same. Marjorie Forbes, the middle child, is vocal about her distain for the society. Quite similar to a beloved Bridgerton. The eldest, Scarlett Forbes, is still a mystery to be solved, and I'm sure it won't be long until that happens. After all, she is debuting this season.

Although a mystery, there's been word about the beauty Scarlett Forbes possesses. The kind to make heads turn, the kind suitors are captivated by. There seems to be one gentleman who Miss. Forbes caught the eye of...
Mr. Augustus Clarke, or shall I say Lord Clarke? The one suitor all of the other debutants desperately try to catch the eye of. A wealthy family and respectable reputation, but will it be enough to satisfy one wildly unpredictable American?

           And don't think this author hasn't noticed another person who Miss. Forbes manages to capture the attention of. Mr. Benedict Bridgerton. A welcoming neighbor yet an unlikely candidate for marriage, but the longing stares and growing intimate friendship might tell a different story.

Only time will tell if Miss. Forbes chooses to follow her head or heart. The boy that'll secure her a wealthy place in society or a man who makes her feel alive in a place she finds herself utterly lifeless.

          But one must be careful, for the last thing Miss. Scarlett Forbes wants is a scandal and to bring down not one, but two, respected families with her.