𝐀𝐧 𝐔𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐄𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫

As a wandering samurai native to Inazuma, Kazuha seemingly was familiar with the land. The current purpose of Kazuha's journey was one meant to reflect on the past, and look back at it with fondness. While reminiscing on past memories and coming to terms with the mistakes made in his former days; He would roam around the land of Taratasuna. During his aimless stroll, Kazuha would take in the beautiful moonlit scenery around him. A peaceful and captivating environment.

The moonlight illuminating Taratasuna's lush plants gifted Kaedehara with a sense of contentment. He took a deep breath of the air, but found it to not be as pleasant as he imagined it to be. He found himself picking up an unusual scent, a scent that was unfamiliar to him. He took another whiff of the smell that rested upon the wind, but had yet to figure out what it was. Despite the unfamiliar aroma, surely there was another that Keadehara recognized. The smell of burning wood.

Kaedehara's expression turned into one of subtle concern, but he grew curious and let the scent lead him to where it originated. As he grew closer to where the fire lies, the scent grew stronger. Whilst he found the scent to be intoxicating, he pulled the scarf around his neck up over his mouth and nose. Twisting, turning, and making his way through Taratasuna, he stumbled upon something that caused a shiver to race up his spine. A small wooden house that lies deep within Taratasuna was currently on fire.

The scorching blaze and its intensity radiating in the air only caused his worry to grow. Without hesitation, Kazuha rushed inside the burning structure with only a scarf over his nose and a heavy feeling in his heart. Not too long after entering, the first thing he noticed was a small pale boy covered in burns lying on the ground. Seeing the boy, Kaedehara grabbed the boy's arm but soon retracted it upon noticing something. His skin was cold and stiff as a corpse's; his closed eyes that seemingly had lost its spark and sense of life.

Kazuha's heart sank at the realization. This small child.. he was no longer in the world of the living. A life forever taken and an innocent soul lost. He could hear the sound of part of the wooden building collapsing and making a loud thud as it hit the ground. He flinched with fear. He let out a soft breath of disappointment and frantically began to look around inside the half-destroyed structure for any survivors.

He soon spotted an indigo-haired male and hurried towards the individual. In this person's arms, he held a small stuffed doll almost identical to himself. Kaedehara checked the pulse of the unknown visage.. But found that this person doesn't have one. Unexpectedly, due to Kazuha's touch, the unknown individual's eyes open slightly.

"What are you doing here?" were the words that escaped from between the unknown's lips. His depressive tone only contributing to the melancholy shown in his expression.

Kaedehara didn't answer, instead, he anxiously grabbed ahold of his arm, pulled the individual up off the ground; fleeing from the flames, from the smoke, and from the rising heat that threatened both their lives.

He looked back one more time.. Before being hit with a sudden revelation. The unfamiliar aroma.. Was one of a burning body. The body of the pale boy. The radiant light from the scorching flame shimmering off broken glass. Charred wood and ashes is what remains of which used to be a home.