6.His Forbidden Crave for the Rose

This is the last update for next ten days cz my exams are starting from Monday.

For a reminder this story is quite slow burn. Now enjoy with Aarshika (⁠♡⁠ω⁠♡⁠ ⁠)⁠ ⁠~⁠♪

The entire living hall was spiralled in the hustle and bustle of the ladies who marked their presence for the Muh Dikhai, a custom to introduce the newly wed

The entire living hall was spiralled in the hustle and bustle of the ladies who marked their presence for the Muh Dikhai, a custom to introduce the newly wed. Yami, once she realised most of her guests had arrived, instructed the servants about the servings and made her way towards Aarav's room to bring Mishika.

On her way she quickly dialled to Aarav's number who was still not here. "How long, dear son ?"

"I'm on my way, Mom. Don't worry." Aarav said amidst the buzzing music of the car's speaker.

Yami hummed in relief before voicing out her concern "Aarav, you know well how most of the ladies are here. And Mishika, she is very introvert and I don't want her to feel uncomfortable. I hope you will take care of that."

A moment of silence later Aarav's reply came "Anything for you Mom." And the line went dead but a smile borned on Yami's lips.

Softly knocking on the door Yami stepped inside the room and upon realising her presence Mishika turned away from the mirror to face her.

"Oh my god! Look at my daughter-in-law looking so pretty pretty." Yami gushed with pure admiration that brought blood to Mishika's cheeks. Letting out a soft chuckle on Mishika's shyness, Yami took some kohl from the corner of her waterline and put it behind Mishika's ears. A gesture to mark the evil away.

Yami helped Mishika to put the red chunni on her head before admiring her appearance once again. The red saree looked more beautiful draped around Mishika's petite frame with a sleeveless blouse. She wore heavy earrings, her hand still cladded with the chooda, with her nuptial chain dangling around her neck and vermilion in her hairs.

Holding Mishika's shoulder Yami gestured her to step ahead and gave an assuring smile to ease Mishika's nerves. Walking in a saree was not something that made Mishika nervous but the thought of being in the radar of several rich high class women.

The ceremony soon started as the ladies one by one came forward to bless Mishika, who sat on the soft cushioned sofa, and handover the gifts to her as a sign of blessing. The entire time Mishika kept her eyes casted down. And this time the reason was not only the several unfamiliar faces but the one familiar face.

At the parallel corner of the hall, her Mr.India-for-a-week husband laid nonchalantly on the couch. Though for others he was busy eating an apple, but Mishika knew better. She could feel his heated gaze stuck on her without even lifting her eyes.

Dressed in a crisp white shirt, with the top two buttons open to reveal the silver chain around his neck, Aarav looked like a sight to behold for sore eyes. The Patek Philippe watch in his wrist shined under the lights every time he lifted his hand to take a bite from the apple.