happy honeymoon, honey

in which harry and edora finally go on their honeymoon...smut warning (i know, i even surprised myself)

word count: 5409

lula and albie -18

dulcinea - 15

harry & edora - (idk bc if i go back to wedlock and figure it out i'll probably end up deleting it but my rough estimate would be 36 & 38 but if anyone wants to do the maths for me that would be great lol)

*********

Edora

A mere few days after the twins' eighteenth birthday, Harry and I were cuddled up in our back garden with a bottle of wine when we'd come to the realisation that we never had a honeymoon. I let out a small laugh when I realised we had two opportunities for a Honeymoon and we didn't even go on one, followed by a breathy laugh when Harry had suggested we make up for it this summer. I thought he was joking but he had taken my wine glass from my hand, placed it down on the table and took my hands into his.

"I'm serious. The twins are eighteen now, they can take care of themselves and their sister. They don't need us now how they needed us back then, we can escape for a week." When I gave him an unsure look, he then promised. "Just a week. That's it." And when I was still unconvinced, Harry lips curled upwards and a look of mischief took over his devilish features. "Think about all the sex we can have."

It was then that Lula decided to step outside with a hot chocolate before exclaiming "Gross!" and stepping back inside, muttering incoherent words under her breath. Both Harry and I laughed before his hand slipped to the back of my neck and he rubbed his thumb in soothing circles.

"What do you say? Wanna disappear for a bit with me?"

Of course I said yes. I don't think I've ever been able to tell him no.

Harry had told me to leave all the planning to him. He knows I get stressed with things like this so all he asked from me was my trust and to buy a lot of skimpy bikinis so that's exactly what I did. However, nowhere in that statement made me believe our honeymoon destination would be kept a secret until we boarded. Harry didn't tell me where we're going. I'd guess but he'd give no indication if I was correct or not and I threatened to go through his emails to find the booking confirmation but he would just laugh because he knew I wouldn't - we're not that kind of couple. I eventually gave up and I've embraced the surprise so much that I don't know the destination until we are invited to board the aircraft.

The Maldives.

A big smile appears on my face and as I hand over my passport and boarding pass to a crew member, I glance over my shoulder at Harry.

"Did you book us one of those overwater villas?"

He chuckles and dips his head down to whisper in my ear. "The most secluded one I could find."

My lips press together and before I get to answer, my belongings are being passed back to me and I'm walking into the aircraft.

There was a time in our lives where Harry owned a private jet but as soon as Dulcie turned ten and decided she wanted to be a climate activist, she guilt tripped Harry into selling it and he opted to fly first class. Our little girl made a whole powerpoint presentation, demonstrating the way he is killing our planet (statistics included) and concluded the presentation by telling him he's 'so old' (he was thirty three) that the damage he does now won't affect him but it will affect her and her children and their children. She'd pouted at him and said "You always told me to use my voice so I am. If you use that plane again, I won't speak to you." Harry sold the jet almost immediately. He couldn't stand the thought of upsetting her.