𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄

❀•°❀°•❀

❀•°❀°•❀

The sun shone brightly in Regents park. Both Shadowhunter's and mundanes alike roamed around the vibrant grass soaking in the fresh air. The world was peaceful and calm, children ran around giggling while they chased one another about, weaving between the adults legs. If Giovanna Wrayburn had been in a good mood, she might have smiled and the children's glee from simply running around. In fact if she could, she would join them in running around, preferably away.

Giovanna Wrayburn's arm was linked through Arthur Larkspear's and she wanted nothing more than to pull away and run for the hills. Somehow through his jacket, Giovanna could feel the sweat on the man's arm. It made Giovanna cringe. She wanted nothing more than to snatch her arm away and leave.

Giovanna had only been in London for a few weeks and Arthur Larkspear was the third suitor her mother had set her up with. The first was Joseph Whitelaw, a short man with thinning hair who Giovanna had made cry by pointing it out. The second was Theodore Graymark, he was nice enough but as boring as a shoe. Giovanna simply left him alone at the cafe they were at.

Arthur Larkspear was the worst so far, Giovanna decided. His snarky comments about the people the two passed were already getting on Giovanna's nerves. Everything about the man Giovanna hated. Maybe hated was a strong word for someone she had only met an hour prior but Giovanna couldn't find it within herself to care.

"I am finding myself bored of this conversation," Giovanna stated while she glanced around her, not once turning her attention to the man on her arm.

"Sorry?" Arthur said. "What do you mean you are bored of this conversation?"

"In fact I am quite bored of this outing," Giovanna said. "Why are we simply going on a walk? Why aren't we doing anything fun?"

"I am courting you," Arthur said, straightening his jacket. "A walk in the park is proper."

"What if I don't want you to court me?" Giovanna said.

Giovanna silently slipped her arm from Arthurs and silently walked towards the pond, the ducks carelessly swimming around.

"Miss Wrayburn!" Arthur said, catching up to her.

"What?" Giovanna said innocently.

"Let's get back to our walk." Arthur tried to keep his voice calm but Giovanna could hear the anger slipping through the cracks.

"But I wish to remain here," Giovanna said. "If you say you wish to court me, shouldn't we do things we both like to do." Her voice held barely any emotion as she stared at the ducks in the pond.

Arthur mumbled something that Giovanna couldn't make out before standing at her side. Giovanna didn't give him the satisfaction of looking at him or reacting to his agitated mood.