Chapter 5

"If anyone hurt you... or ever hurts you, just let me know ok?" He crouches next to me to see the phone.

"Yeah... ok." I press play.

The dance was fairly simple, however involved a few floor and air moves that I wasn't sure if Duncan would be able to perform.

"Can you do a handstand?" I ask as I pause the video.

"Yeah, I think I would be able to do all of those moves." He says straightening his posture.

"Alright then, let's start." I get into position in front of the mirror. Duncan stands next to me, looking a bit awkward. While we were facing the mirror I took this opportunity to look at what he was wearing. Today he wore simple green sweatpants with a grey vest. Plain but attractive. Very attractive.

"For the first move, you really need to sit in the side lunge. Then slowly bring yourself up and quickly bend your back backwards." I instruct as I do the moves next to him. He surprisingly has a very flexible back, so his arch was the right shape.

"Next we place one hand on the floor behind us and kick off into a handstand." I do as I say and stand up to watch him. He looks at me uncertainly, but tries anyway. He failed miserably. Instead of going through with the move, he hesitated and fell on his neck.

"Oh my gosh, are you ok?" I rush towards him. But before I could reach him I trip on my own feet and fall right on top of him. I place my hands on either side of his head, straddling him. We both stare at each other, the pain in his neck didn't seem to bother him anymore. We continue to stare at each other, I never felt like this before. Usually I'm aware of everyone else in the room, but right now Duncan was the only one on my mind.

"I'm sorry I'll get off-" before i could finish, Duncan grabs the back of my neck and pulls me towards him. His lips crash into mine. His lips move desperately trying to get me to react. Like a conversation however, in this language I can't understand a word. Duncan was fluent. When he realised that I wasn't doing anything he started to lean back, but I finally kissed him.

My eyes were squeezed tight, I had absolutely no idea what I was doing. But we kept going until someone interrupted us.

"I know dance is about movement, but this isn't the type we approve of during class." Miss Francesca stands above us.

"I am so sorry, miss." I practically fly off of him.

"It's alright, just ask for a bathroom pass next time." She runs off to the coach, who was giving Duncan a displeased look, "I feel like cupid, you know I'm the reason those two go together." She tells the coach as the walk back to their corner.  "Was that your first kiss?" Duncan asks me as he gently places his hand on my wrist, spinning me around.

"Was it that obvious?" I squint my eyebrows.

"Yeah, a little bit." He laughs. God his laugh, he looks like an angel. It is so unfair. Holy shit. I just kissed an angel.

"Chelsea?" Duncan looks at me expectantly.

"I'm sorry what?" I look up to him.

"He asked if he could walk you home. You got hearing problems or something?" Liam, my competitor, answers for him.

"Hey don't be a dick." Duncan barks back.

"When did you get here?" I ask.

"Not long ago, but you guys should leave because it's the next class's turn to dance. As he says that I realise that the room is filled with different guys and girls in much more comfortable looking outfits.