-2-

-CHAPTER TWO-
[—GRIEF—]

***

   HER EYES FEEL heavy, dropping down in the silence of the dormitory room. The sound of talking coming from the common room is muffled by the walls, and her pajamas comfortably hang on her cold body, her hair tied into a low bun.

The only light source in the room is the lamp on her beside table, releasing a warm gold that illuminates the room nicely as she leans back into the beds headboard, letting out a yawn.

She had walked to her empty dormitory only a bit after arriving to the common room. She was tired, wasn't sure what from, but exhaustion took over her as soon as she had arrived. When she told her..friends.? that she was going to rest, giving them a small smile she had hoped for no one to question, she had only felt gazes follow her as she walked up the stairs to the girls dormitories, following her every move.

She lets out a drawn out sigh, turning the lamps light off, and letting the darkness take over while pulling the covers over her.

She closes her eyes, lying down in the silence and shuffling from time to time. Her focus goes to her breathing. An inhale, then an exhale.

And then she's back there.

Shes back in those stands. Surrounded by many. The sky is dark, in a pretty but wary way.

And soon, not having enough time to fully take in and process her surroundings, she hears the screams of terror and guilt from her spot in the stands. She looks down, past the people in front of her, only making out the shadowy image of a boy crouched over a lifeless body.

Harry Potter she knew. It was him. And the lifeless one on the floor, that was-

And all of a sudden it's hard to breathe. Her breaths are short circuited, a lump forms in her throat. The air is heavy, stuffy, and she feels like she's suffocating, drowning under forceful waters.

The screams don't stop. They echo through the arena, causing everyone to be still. The silence is deafening to her, as everyone stares in shock at the chosen one. She swallows the lump in her throat, or at least tries to, because no matter how many times she tries, it comes back.

Her eyes are strained at the scene infront of her, and all of a sudden, it's silent. The screams are seen, but not heard. All noise is gone beside that ringing. The low ringing, that seems to be the only thing she can hear until it reaches what seems like its max volume.

Her eyes snap open.

She gasps, and at the corner of her eyes, she feels the wetness of small tears. Her chest feels heavy and she let out coughs as she turns the lamp on, reaching for it quickly and sitting up. Waves of the heavy air push down on her, and she feels herself drown under them.

She notices the lumps under the covers of each bed, and forces the coughs down, forcing deep breaths. The back of her hand reaches up to wipe away the tear stains, and the other stays down to clutch the bed covers.

Her breaths are shaky, uneven. Leaning back against the headboard, and sniffling, she feels more of the warm tears forming already. And now, they're falling down her pale face, cheeks and nose turning a pretty pink as her head leans back against the headboard.