002. yes, a slytherin can be handsome「 1 」

harry potter x m.reader

harry realizes that the slytherin captain is quite the eye-catcher

Harry took a deep breath in as his eyes adjusted to the sight of teeming stands filled with cheering Hogwarts students, each donning their respective colors. In the midst of the Gryffindor stands, he could just make out a massive sign spelling out his name, and a grin made its way onto his face.

Clutching his broom tighter, the smooth wood a welcoming feeling on his hand, Harry mounted it alongside the rest of his team, facing off against his opponents: Slytherin.

The Slytherin team was at it usually was: 5 great thugs, Malfoy as scrawny and smug as ever, and their only decent looking member, (L. Name). While the majority of the team donned looks of smug disgust, (L. Name) had his usual neutral face, which only made his his skin appear smooth and soft, and enhanced the handsome curve of his jaw-

'Wait, what? Handsome?' Harry stopped himself, shaking his head briefly as if to physically shake off the thought. 'A Slytherin can't be handsome.'

And yet, as if to deny that very thought, Harry glanced at the Chaser again, watching as he walked forward to shake hands with Wood, this time noticing his well-toned arms peaking out from under his green and black Quidditch uniform, arm muscles flexing slightly as he gripped Wood's hand firmly, his broad shoulders obvious even when under his cloak, his long fingers clasped firmly around his honey brown broomstick-

"Harry!" Fred hissed from Harry's right, and with a start, he realized that the rest of the Gryffindor team were already on their brooms. Muttering an apology, Harry mounted his own, joining them. With a small glance, he saw (L. Name) looking at him, (eye color) eyes piercing through him, and could feel his cheeks go hot.

A striking whistle interrupted him, making Harry look away quickly. Madam Hooch released the snitch, it's tiny, delicate looking wings taking the shining ball away. Harry's eyes traced it as it disappeared from sight, followed by the bludgers. And finally, with a single screech of the whistle, madam Hooch released the Quaffle, and the game begun.

Harry weaved through Gryffindor and Slytherin players together, the people but blurs of green and red as he made his way above the rest of the field, perched attentively on his broomstick as his eyes wandered, trying to catch a glimpse of gold.

"And it's Gryffindor in possession, Alicia Spinnet of Gryffindor with the Quaffle, heading straight for the Slytherin goalposts, looking good, Alicia! Argh, no—Quaffle intercepted by Warrington. Warrington of Slytherin tearing up the field—WHAM!---nice Bludger work there by George Weasley, Warrington drops the Quaffle, it's caught by—agh, (L. Name), Slytherin still in possession—come on, Angelina, you're right behind him-"

And despite his best attempts, Harry had to gaze down at the field, his green eyes catching on a single green and black blur being tailed by two red ones, red Quaffle tucked caringly in the crook of his left arm, his (hair color) whipping behind him, his eyebrows set determinately, gaze fixed steadily on the Gryffindor goal post coming steadily closer.

Angelina made a quick grab at the ball, but the Slytherin chaser took a swift loop around her, sending her crashing into the other Gryffindor chaser.

"(L. Name) in possession, (L. Name) flying toward the Gryffindor goalposts, come on now, Wood, save—!"

But Lee was cut off when (L. Name) swung his arm back, Quaffle clutched firmly in his hand, before launching it past Wood, through the goal.

Lee swore as the Slytherin crowd went wild, making Professor McGonagall take the mic away from him for a bit. Harry watched as (L. Name) brought his fist in the air in self-victory, a wide, attractive grin displaying his perfect teeth, before he was bombarded with aggressive back slaps and choke holds from two other Slytherin players.

"What's wrong, Potter?" A sneer from behind Harry made him release a sigh, and look behind him to catch sight of a familiar blonde-haired boy. "Blown away by our Captain?"

Harry rolled his eyes, before going back to look for the Snitch. "Go away, Malfoy."

Malfoy's lip curled menacingly, soaring a bit closer to jeer in Harry's face. "(L. Name) happens to be the best Chaser in all of Hogwarts. You stand no chance against him."

Harry, still looking for the Snitch, answered him absentmindedly. "Then it's a good thing I'm a Seeker; all I have to do is beat your pathetic ass."

Malfoy scowled, about to retaliate when his eyes widened, a smirk making it's way to his face. "Oh, so you agree that he is the best, don't you? Sounds like you've got a crush Potter."

Harry froze, looking back at Malfoy just in time to catch wide grin, eyes flashing.

"Wha- I don't have a- on (L. Name), a Slytherin of all people-"

And yet, a blush still rose to Harry's face, his palms started to sweat, and his heart did a weird jump, before dropping into the pit of his stomach.

Shit.

Malfoy grinned triumphantly. "Oho, (L. Name)'ll have a field day when he hears that puny, wretched Saint Potter has been making doe eyes at his back!"

Harry could feel his face burn, without a doubt tomato red, and he clenched his hands tighter around his broomstick, mind in a flurry, stuck between the desire to punt Malfoy across the field and the shocking realization that he liked the (L. Name) (Name), captain of the Slytherin team, part of the house that he loathed with everything in him-

Harry's mantra was suddenly stopped when he caught sight of a small, fluttering object a few feet behind Malfoy. The Snitch flittered gently, drifting closer and closer to Draco and Harry. Harry glanced at Malfoy's oblivious smirk for a second, before he launched himself at him.

Malfoy staggered back, probably thinking that Harry was trying to attack him, when Harry sped past him, snatching the Snitch in his right hand.

"-AND HARRY'S GOT THE SNITCH, GRYFFINDOR WINS!" Lee screamed, and the crowd goes wild as Harry holds the Snitch above his head. And yet, even with the stream of cheering Gryffindors, Ravenclaws, and Hufflepuffs, even with the sight of his fellow players rushing towards him excitedly, even with the dejected Slytherins in the stands, Harry's eyes could still see Malfoy, who's menacing grin he could just catch before he was surrounded by his team.