Chapter Eleven "Unlocked Door"

Donna's P.O.V

I'm halfway down the stairs when I see her downstairs "Abbie!" I shouted upon seeing her squeezing through the crowd. She looks at me and waves.

I signaled her to go upstairs in my room and she gives me a thumbs up.

I keep my room locked. I dont want people going in there and mess with my stuff. Plus, I hate people going in there and making out. So I unlocked it with my room key.

I sat down on the edge of my bed. I'm so nervous. I dont really know whats going to happen. What I'm going to tell her - how she is going to reapond. It wasnt long before Abbie came in.

"Lock the door behind you." I said and she did.

She sat down beside me. But it wasnt as close as usual. So I scooted closer to her until our shoulders were touching and I can smell her sweet scent. I missed her so much.

"Babe" -- "Donna" we say at the same time. I smiled but she didnt. She looked so uneasy.

"You go first." She says plainly. I got nervous about what she was going to say. I think I dont want to hear it.

I put my head on her shoulder. This just feels so right. I dont know but somehow, I just want to stay like rhis.

I began by saying, "I cant really, fully understand why you want to take things slow--"

"Well--" she interrups.

"I'm not finished, Babe." I say. "But I'll understand. I'll accept it coz its your decision." I lift my head to face her.

I hold both her hands. She looks at me. "We don't need to put a label on it, Babe. Even tho I want to....I want you to be mine. But if you dont want to I'll just accept it. Hell, I'll just do anything for you coz......"

I half smiled. I cant believe I'm about to say this... "I love you, Babe....I love you so much." I really mean it. But I dont want to tell her now. Its too soon. But I feel like I need to say it now. I know I'm sounding a little pathetic but I just want her to forget other girls but I dont know how. This is the only thing I can think lf right now.

She looks at me shocked and out of words. By this time I would be really be offended that she's just staring at me after all I've said but I just swallowed my anger. It hurts coz I know she's not gonna say it back.

I kiss her hands and put them on my cheeks. I give her a convincing smile.

"Its okay if you can't say it right now. I still love you, Babe. Its okay. Just stay. Its okay." I say. I cant stop myself. I hate this. Im sounding so desperate.

---------------------

Abbie' P.O.V

"Its okay if you can't say it right now. I still love you, Babe. Its okay. Just stay. Its okay." She says.

My head is filling up with regret but I cant take another second lying to her.

"Donna...." I take her hands and put them on her lap. I then let them go.

I'm so fucking nervous and I'm already hating myself for what I'm about to do to her. I feel like my stomach is about to fucking turn.

I let out a heavy exhale. "Donna.." I say. She closes her eyes. "I'm sorry....but....."

"Do you think I'm THAT dumb?" She says without opening her eyes. She sound like shes holding back her fury.

"Uhh"

"I'am not stupid you know? I'm not blind!" She said a little louder

I'm just speechless. I dont know what to say.