Chapter one

Enemy soldiers broke into the monastery. The priestesses and soldiers guarding the monastery defended themselves bravely for a long time, but they could not stop them from invading. The massive doors flew open and chaos reigned.

"Amaya, you must leave immediately," the high priestess who had been tasked with keeping her safe for years told her. "They must not find you."

"They occupied the entire monastery. There is no way out," Amaya replied.

"Through catacombs under the monastery," said the high priestess. "If we get into them, we'll be able to escape. They stretch beyond the city into the forest."

"We won't get there. There are too many soldiers standing in our way." Amaya objected.

"In that case, I hope you didn't forget how to use the sword, because we'll have to fight," the high priestess replied, handing Amaya a sword.

The monastery was constantly guarded by soldiers protecting the future queen of the Amorite kingdom. The king decided to marry Amaya, after all, she was blessed by the gods. The soldiers protected what was his.

Amaya was stillborn. The gods gave her life. Death herself gave her life. She was chosen by the gods. However, thanks to their gift of life, she was never a normal child. She saw the future. She saw the past. She saw many things that remained hidden to the human eye. She was the only one who could talk to the gods.

It was both a blessing and a curse.

Her life was never hers.

Her parents sold her to the king at an early age. She lived in a castle towering over the Golden City so that King Damon could be convinced of her abilities. He then sent her to a monastery near the Whispering Forest, where she was supposed to learn to control her power. She was receiving random visions of the future. She had visions of the past of the places she had been in, the people she had touched. Most of the time she didn't like it. She has seen tragedies; wars, fires, diseases. She was experiencing it all so vividly. As if she would survive every memory, still living in the wind, by herself. There they taught her to control it. It was her decision when the visions would come to her.

She was to remain in the convent until her eighteenth birthday, the marriageable age. The king was not going to wait even a year longer. She celebrated her eighteenth birthday two weeks ago. The wedding was supposed to take place in a month. Amaya was to become queen in a month, a role she had been preparing for all her life.

The soldiers bravely defended their future queen, but the soldiers of the Kingdom of Deira outnumbered them. A few soldiers did not have the slightest chance against the whole army. It was a lost battle. They could only give Amaya a chance to escape.

Amaya and the high priestess were trying to get to the entrance of the catacombs, to get out of the monastery and away from the foreign troops. The soldiers didn't even pay much attention to them, they let them pass freely. They didn't want to hurt the priestesses. It was against orders.

"Your Highness, run!" the guard commander shouted as he spotted Amaya sneaking through the shadows of the monastery.

Soldiers called her by her title, even though she didn't have one yet. It was only a matter of time, and soon she became queen.

The commander's exclamation drew attention to her. She instantly transformed from invisible to a shining star that drew all attention to her like gravity. Amaya silently cursed the commander for naming her. Now they knew who she was and were coming for her. It was no coincidence that they came to their door. The battle lines were too far south for it to be a coincidence.

"That's her! Catch her!" yelled, probably the commander of the enemy army.

If Amaya wanted to get out of there, she had to fight her way out.