1

Authors POV

San Jose

______

Claire Browne woke up to her eyes aching. She had taken a few personal days off from work because her father told her he was never her biological father. She had been lied to her whole life and apparently her real father didn't think she was his at first but after a DNA test and her having his eyes proved that she was, he didn't want anything to do with her. Miles adopted her and they had never planned on telling her the truth.

Today was her last day off so she got up and cleaned her house. After she went for a run to try to clear her mind before she went into work tomorrow. After her run she goes home and showers.

She turns the tv on and lays on the couch. She had turned her phone off when her biological father, brother, and Miles all started blowing up her phone with calls, texts, and emails.

Still upset and angry, Claire fell asleep on the couch. When she woke up, and looked at the time it was 6. She groaned when there was a knock on the door.

She gets up and looks out her peep hole to see Dash standing there with food. She sighs and opens the door.

"Hey. I know you don't wanna see anyone but I know you haven't eaten. Can you just try to though?" Dash asked her. She can see how worried he is so, she nods and takes the bag from him. He gives her a small smile and leaves. Claire closes and locks her door. She opens the food and smiles. He got her white rice and orange chicken. She puts some of the food on a plate and puts the rest up for later.

When she's done she turns her phone back on but makes sure it's on do not disturb and sets her alarm for the morning. After she puts a movie on and falls asleep before it actually even starts.

__

Next day

__

Claire groans when her alarm goes off. She grabs her phone and looks at the time. She had an hour before she actually had to go to work. She had put out her outfit for today last night so she sets the alarm again and goes back to sleep.

A few minutes later

Claire wakes up from her second alarm. She groans and turns it off and gets outta bed. She grabs her clothes and throws them in the dryer to get the wrinkles out. She goes into the bathroom and does her daily hygiene and washes her face. After she puts on a some water proof makeup and goes out to her bed and lotions her body. After she grabs her clothes from the dryer and gets dressed in some black tight skinny ripped jeans, black shirt that is kinda big on her, with some dark brown boots, and a brown leather jacket.

After she looks at the time and sees she has almost 50 minutes until she late

After she looks at the time and sees she has almost 50 minutes until she late. She packs her bag and grabs her phone off the charger. She notice the date is the start of her not eating. She has a weird condition that she can't eat for 3 days. She sighs and grabs her car keys and leaves.