~5~

POV Dominic:

After returning to our hotel room, I showered and packed our bags. I was still in shock from what had happened. I sat on the bed with my cell phone in hand and tried to call Lizzy, but she didn't answer. My thoughts were racing as I imagined her being with Logan and telling him that I hit her. The idea that he would be the reason for the end of our relationship made my heart race. I am startled from my thoughts by the sound of the door opening. Lizzy walks in and we make eye contact. "I'm sorry, Liz," I say. She responds, "You're sorry? You hit me in front of everyone. How do you think this reflects on my work?" I ask if we can talk about it, but she declines, asking instead, "Where is my suitcase?" When I ask why, she replies, "Surely you didn't think I would come and sleep in your room after what you did?" I ask where she plans to sleep. The idea of her sharing a room with someone else bothers me. She only knows Logan and Alex here at the hotel. I will go downstairs and ask for another room. She grabs her suitcase and leaves without saying anything else to me.

I lay awake all night thinking about Lizzy and Logan. Every time I see his face I get angry. I don't like his attitude and how hard he tries to make Lizzy laugh. I'm totally disgusted by it. I shouldn't have found out that she slept with him in the same room last night because then I might do something to him. When the alarm clock rings, I immediately get out of bed, put on comfortable clothes for my trip home, check that I have everything I need, put on my shoes, grab my suitcase, and get out of the room, closing the door behind me. As I come downstairs, I see that the cab is already waiting for me. I quickly put my suitcase in the trunk and take a seat next to the driver. I ask him to take me to the airport. He nods and is about to hit the gas, but I ask him to wait a little longer. My girlfriend was supposed to come with me. "Mrs. Ambrose, who was also supposed to join us, called this morning to say that she couldn't make it and would take a later flight." I looked at the cab driver with a questioning look and felt a little disappointed in her. The cab started to drive, and I look out the window until we arrived at the airport.

POV Lizzy:

After retrieving my suitcase from my room, which Dominic had already packed, I knocked on Logan's door to avoid any unnecessary conversation. I quickly scanned the hallway to ensure that Dominic wasn't around before Logan opened the door and I hurried inside. Logan chuckled at my haste and said, 'No problem, come on in.' I explained that I didn't want Dominic to see me and he asked, 'How did it go?' I responded nonchalantly with a shrug of my shoulders. "Honestly, I don't want to talk about Dominic anymore today. I would like to take a shower." I responded, 'It's fine if you don't want to talk about it, Liz.' He sensed exactly what I was about to say. I asked, 'Do you mind if I take a shower?' Logan replied, 'Sure, go ahead. Have you eaten yet?' I shook my head. Logan asked, 'Do you want me to order room service?' I replied, 'Fine, just order something. But make sure it includes ice cream. I need it after this day.' Logan smiles. I place my suitcase on the table and quickly search for my pajamas.

In the bathroom, I look at myself in the mirror and notice a dark spot under my eye from where Dominic hit me. The emotions of this day are becoming too much for me. I undress quickly and step into the shower. I let the cold water wake me up a bit before enjoying the slowly warming water. I can't comprehend how someone who used to treat me well has become my greatest source of fear. It's difficult for me to talk to him about this, likely because my previous attempts have been unsuccessful. I rub the swollen area under my eye. This is the first time he has ever physically touched me. I knew he had been quick to get jealous lately, but I never thought he was capable of attacking me for disagreeing with him. I have decided that he should not come to work with me anymore, and I don't think it's wise to have him around Logan more often. I was lost in thought and didn't hear Logan knocking on the door, so I was startled when the door opened. Logan asked, 'Lizzy, are you okay?' The door is still open, and I can only hear his voice. He informs me that the food has arrived and there is a large tub of ice cream for me. I thank him and quickly finish my shower. After changing my clothes and putting my hair in a bun, I return to the room. He has ordered pasta for me, which I enjoy, and I smile at the sight of the oversized plate of food. "I enjoy pasta, but I won't be able to finish this much." "It's okay as long as you eat something. You may not feel like it now, but you'll thank me tomorrow morning." We sit down at the table together and eat in silence. Occasionally, we exchange glances and smile at each other.

POV Logan:

I was not surprised when Lizzy showed up at my doorstep. I'm proud of her for not letting anyone talk her into staying. Based on what I've seen of her boyfriend, he doesn't seem like an easy partner. It appears that Lizzy has to do everything on her own, as if she's taking care of a child who can't yet take care of themselves. I observe her attitude while she eats next to me. She struggles to swallow and it's clear that she's having a hard time. I offer my support, saying, 'You can talk to me about it if you want.' I encourage her once more. Suddenly, I notice a dark ring around her eye. 'Did he do this?' I ask gently as I run my fingers over her face. She turns her head away and looks at the ground. 'Liz? Is this because of him?' She nods but doesn't look at me again. "It would be wise for you to fly home with us tomorrow. Let him feel your anger for a while." "I believe that approaching the situation in this way will only make it worse." "You have seen this yourself, haven't you? Don't allow him to treat you poorly. Come with me, and I will show you how you should be treated. If I were your boyfriend, I would be proud of you for all your hard work this weekend. I would be glad you gave me the chance to go with you to all of it. I would take you out to dinner to celebrate your amazing work. Then, when we returned to our room, I would let you relax and we could watch Netflix together until you slowly fell asleep lying with me."

I see tears come to her eyes again, and I pull her close to comfort her. "Do you see how things can be very different, Liz?" she nods. "I want out of this toxic relationship, Logan. Please help me!" she begs. "I want to help you, but you will really have to do it yourself. I will do my best to show you what you can achieve every time you're stuck on something, just until you stop. I won't force you to do anything, but you will come to see it for yourself." We talk for a while longer. Afterward, Lizzy finishes her ice cream and goes to bed. I am also going to try to sleep, hoping to process the events of today.