Chapter one Judgment on Olympus

My name is Andrew and I'm eighteen years old. I'm in my last year of high school and I have brown hair and blue eyes and I always wear a black hoodie with the hood always pulled over my head, and for six years me and my mom have been living with a scumbag named Philip who does nothing but eat, drink, and sleep. I call him pinhead Phil because he can barely hold a job and doesn't do anything to help out because it requires too much work to get up off of the couch.

I was standing outside of Yancy Academy because today my ancient history class was going to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. I know, I know, it sounds lame but it gets us out of the school building and that place is more depressing than the museum would be. I was listening to my favorite Playlist on my favorite music app called Spotify, then someone tapped me on the shoulder and I came face to face with my best friend Dustin. Dustin was an easy target for the popular kids like Savanna Myers, Brooklyn Thief, and Emma Lake.

Emma so far the worst, just because Dustin was scrawny and crippled because he had some kind of muscular disease in his legs. He walked kind of funny too, like every step hurt him, but I would say don't let that fool you, you should have seen him run when it was enchilada day.

Anyway, Emma was throwing wads of sandwich that stuck in Dustin's curly brown hair and she knew I couldn't do anything back to her because I was already on probation for fighting against her once.

"I'm going to mess up the pretty little face of hers." I grumbled.

Dustin tried to calm me down. "It's okay bro, I like peanut butter. "

He dodged another piece of Emma's lunch.

"That's it!" I started to get up, but Dustin pulled me back down on my seat. Oh yeah I forgot to mention even though he's scrawny he is strangely strong.

Anyway, back to the story.

"No, don't, you're already on probation," he reminded me. "You know who'll get blamed if anything happens."

Looking back on it, I wish I'd decked Emma right then and there. I also knew she liked me too but she hated that I was hanging out with Dustin who she says is a loser.

Our chaperone Mr. Halt led the tour.

He rode up front in his motorized wheelchair, guiding us through the big echoey galleries, past marble statues and glass cases full of really old black-and-orange pottery.

It blew my mind that this stuff was still intact from two thousand maybe three thousand years ago.

Mr. Halt gathered us around a thirteen-foot-tall stone column with a big sphinx on the top, and started telling us how it was a grave marker, a stele, for a girl about our age. I suddenly spotted a girl staring at me from across the museum. Her stare was so intense that it felt like the air was being squeezed out of my lungs. I suddenly fainted and fell to the ground.

Twelve hours later I woke up inside of a huge throne room, and I could tell because in front of me were twelve thrones and on them sat the twelve Gods and Goddesses of Greece. Some people might have bowed down before them but I had no repeat for these per say Gods and Goddesses.

Zeus said, "WHY DO YOU NOT BOW BEFORE US BOY?

I said, "Because I don't have any respect for you Gods and Goddesses."

Zeus said, "AND WHY IS THAT?"

"Because my father Poseidon left me and my mother to fend for ourselves like rat's on the streets." I said as my anger rose to the surface.

Zeus said, "YOU ARE THE SON OF POSEIDON BUT YOU DO NOT HAVE THE TEMPER OF POSEIDON, YOU ARE ALSO THE SON OF ANOTHER GOD. WHO IS IT?"

I said, "I don't have to answer you Zeus, because you are not a Roman God, and for the answer you seek is only meant for the Roman Gods. But if you want the answer so badly you'll have to kill me for it."

Every God and Goddesses were silent as they waited and watched, wondering how Zeus was going to react after being talked to like that by a mortal in such a matter. Strangely Zeus didn't do anything but stare back at me with hatred in his eyes.

He leaned down towards me and said, "You better watch yourself now, because you just made your life a whole lot worse for you."

Then he struck me with a bolt of lightning, and I found myself in an empty room of the museum. I looked out the door and saw Mr. Halt and Dustin talking to each other quietly I decided to quietly move past them as to not interrupted them till I heard Mr. Halt say, "We must get Andrew to the camp quickly, otherwise he will be in huge trouble."

I stood there frozen. A camp. Why would I need to go to a camp? Who the heck were these people?