Chapter Twenty: Pike

A/N: I decided that it's about time for Alexis to be unhappy again so here's Pike.  (I hate that man.)
_________________________________

I take my eyes off of Bellamy to see the woman take off her mask and reveal a face that looks similar to Monty's.

They hug each other, showing love that only a mother and son can.  I hope the man holding me down removes his foot from between my shoulder blades soon.

"I knew it," says Monty's mother.

Someone jumps from the top of the rover.  "Farm station, stand down."

The foot leaves my back and as soon as Bellamy's free he comes to my side, helping me up.  "Are you hurt?"

I shake my head.  "I am alright."

Kane is looking at the man in the mask.  "Pike?"

The lead man takes off his mask, revealing a dark-skinned man with a small beard.  He's smiling, though something about this man is menacing to me.

"You have no idea how good it is to see you," says this 'Pike'.  He holds out a hand and helps Kane to his feet.  They embrace.

Once they let go, Kane speaks.  "We didn't think you made it."

Pike gives orders.  "Lacroix, Smith, watch our six."

"Yes, sir."

Monty is speaking quietly to his mother.  "Where's dad?"

"Your father didn't make it," his mother responds.

They share a sad moment and hug again while Pike seems to be remembering the moment.

"How many of you are there?" Kane asks Pike.

"63," he responds.  "The rest are camped in the mountains North of here."  His voice gets louder now.  "Grounder killers one and all.  Am I right?"

They all respond with some sort of chant.  I shift on my feet, nervous.  Bellamy places a hand on my arm to soothe me.  "It's alright," he whispers.  "You're klir." Though I don't believe him, I give him a soft smile anyway.

He moves away from me and goes up to Kane and Pike.  "Hate to cut this short.  We've got to find Clarke."

"Clarke Griffin?" asks Pike.

Bellamy nods.

"If only all of my Earth skills students were as good as her," he says.

Bellamy has told me about this 'Earth Skills' class he used to take up on the Ark.  Pike was an intense teacher, but one of Bellamy's favorites.  I still feel unsure about him.

"It's good to see you, sir."

Pike laughs.  "You too." They shake hands.

"Okay, let's move the tree," commands Kane.

"Help them," adds Pike.

Indra and I receive hateful glares from several members of Pike's group.  When her and eye lock eyes, she gives me a look that says 'I do not like these men'.  I nod in understanding.

Most people go to help Bellamy and Monty move the tree, but I hang back to listen in on Pike and Kane's conversation.

"63?  Farm Station left with over three times that number," says Kane, a question of what happened in his voice. 

"We landed with that number, too," Pike looks at Indra and I.

Indra stands in front of me.  "The Ice Nation can be ruthless.  Take pride in the number you saved."

"Indra, Alexis, this is Charles Pike. He was a teacher on the Ark," Introduces Kane.  He glances at Pike.  "This is Indra.  She's a leader of Trikru and a trusted ally.  Alexis is from that same clan and she's one of our peacekeepers as well as the best hunter I know."

"I'll have to take your word for it," says Pike.  I do not like that answer.

Bellamy walks towards us.  "Kane, it's time to go."

"Monty, give them the coordinates to Arkadia." Now Kane addresses Pike again.  "We have a settlement 50 miles South of here." He puts a hand on Pike's shoulder.  "You're people will be safe there."

"You're my people," says Pike.

"Good, because we have reports that put Clarke North of here.  We could certainly use your expertise."

Monty's mom speaks up.  Indra and I stay together, aware that we are the odd ones out.  "You're going to need more than that."

"We leave no one behind," declares Pike.  Kane nods and moves to get the rover ready again. "Lacroix, take the team, rendezvous with the others, get them to Arkadia."

"I'm staying with my son," says Monty's mother.

"Damn right, you are." He nods and walks past them and Indra and I.  "Mount up, we're going back into hell."

______

We make it to the trading posts.  Approaching one of the tents, we hear struggling and fighting.

Peeking through the entrance, we see a man on top of a woman, pinning her down and asking for Wanheda.

I nod at Bellamy and he shoots the man, causing him to collapse to the floor.  He walks in, I follow, Indra behind me, then Kane.

"Are yu kei? (Are you okay?)" I ask, holding me hands out in front of me.  Bellamy is checking the body to make sure the man is dead.

The woman is bleeding, but responds 'sha (yes)' anyway.

"Bounty hunter," Indra says, looking at the man on the floor.

"Oso here gon help (we are here to help)," I caution.  Indra begins searching the room.

"English," Pike demands at me.  I whip my head around, not even aware that he had entered the tent as well.  Bellamy is glancing at him sideways.

"Pike," says Kane.  "Go outside.  Take Monty and Hannah and search the perimeter." He points at the man on the ground.  "Make sure he was alone."

There's a moment where I'm not sure whether or not Pike will listen to Kane.  Then he turns and leaves the tent with Monty and his mother, Hannah.

I watch him leave before I start talking to the woman again.  "Oso look gon Wanheda (We look for Wanheda)."

She looks at the body, then back at all of us.  "So was he."

"She's in danger," says Bellamy.

"You are Skaikru?"

"Yes," he responds.

The woman gives in.  "She was here last night."

Kane steps forward.  "Did you see where she was going?"

"No," says the woman.  "She was here when I fell asleep and gone when I woke up."

"Did she give you any indication of where she might go?"

She shakes her head.  "No."  Looking back down at the man, she continues.  "But he did."

I make eye contact, encouraging her to keep going.

"He said that his partner came back for her.  It was Ice Nation." She looks solemn.  "I hope you find her."

"Thank you," Kane says.

Monty walks back into the tent.  "Good news.  I found fresh tracks."

"Great.  Start the rover," Bellamy says, turning around.

"That's the bad news.  Too many trees.  We have to go on foot."