"Long Night"

Lucas lay asleep in his bed, comfortable. It was silent. Not a movement throughout the whole house. It was midnight. The moonlight glared through his window. Suddenly, Lucas' phone rang. It was loud too. Alarmed, Lucas sat up in bed quickly. He looked around his room, then looked at his phone. Who could be calling him at this hour? It was Max. He picked up his phone and answered it. "Hello?" "Hey.." Max replied, sniffling. "Why are you calling right now? Is something wrong?.." Lucas questioned. "Could you maybe just come pick me up.?" Max said, almost too quiet for Lucas to hear. "Yeah, just give me a second." He replied. He then hung up and got out of bed. He was hoping his parents wouldn't wake up while he was gone. They would be pretty pissed. He put on a coat and grabbed his car keys. He then snuck out the front door and got in his car, heading to Max's trailer.

When Lucas finally got there, he texted Max, "outside right now." About a minute later, she walked out, wiping her eyes. She got in the car, not saying a word. She just stared out the window. Lucas started the car, glancing over at Max occasionally as he drove. Finally he asked once again, "hey, are you okay?" Max now focused her sight towards the windshield. She was silent for a minute then finally answered, "I just hate it when my parents get into fights like this, and it's like every day.. I'm just tired of it." She wiped her eyes and sniffled. Lucas grabbed her hand, gently, not pressuring it to much. "It's gonna be okay.." Lucas said, looking over at her with a warm smile. Max looked over at him, glaring into his sparkling eyes. She then formed a small smile, blushing. They held each others hands for the rest of the ride.

When they finally got to Lucas' house, they snuck in through the back window, not wanting to risk getting caught. Lucas sat on the edge of his bed, Max plopping down right next to him. Lucas stared at her for a second , getting lost in her eyes. Without hesitation, he blurted out, Can we kiss?" He went pink immediately after saying it. Max looked over at him, eyes wide. Lucas felt embarrassed. "Sorry that was really random I didn't mean to-" but before he could finish his sentence, Max leaned in and kissed him. Lucas turned into a tomato. When Max pulled away, Lucas leaned back in.

After their whole romantic session, they decided to actually get some sleep. They both lied under the covers, Lucas facing Max's back. He smiled to himself. Lucas loved her so much, it was hard to explain. Max then turned to face him. She smiled. Lucas smiled back. Lucas' eyes slowly began to close. He eventually drifted off to sleep. Max watched as he fell asleep, then leaned in and kissed him on the cheek. She then closed her eyes, eventually falling asleep as well.