Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

It's now been a month since I stormed into Sage's room. I've talked to Father again and he thinks I'm making it all up.

   As I walk around the castle, I avoid Sage at all costs. Anything that looks like something she'd try to kill me with, I avoid it immediately.

   I hate tiptoeing around in my own palace, but it's just what my life is going to be like until Father comes to his senses.

   Fortunately for me, we're holding a ball tonight for Father's birthday. With so many royals who love to celebrate their birthdays, we sure attend a lot of parties here in the Fairy Tale World.

   I'm glad we're having a party tonight because my boyfriend, Asher, is sure to be here and I can't wait to see him so we can dance, share kisses, and I can tell him all about what Sage has done. If anyone's going to believe me, it's going to be him.

♡♡♡♡

"So, I have something to tell you," Penelope says as the two of us are getting ready for the ball.

   Father is always so gracious on his birthday and is sure to give all of the maids a day off of work so they can attend his birthday ball. Because of that, he and William have to get themselves ready and it's always so fun to see what they come out wearing.

   I have given Penelope full access to my closet and she's picked out a navy blue dress that compliments her ginger hair well.

   "What's up?" I ask as I'm brushing through my newly short hair.

   When I cut it off in front of Sage, I chopped it unevenly and the only way to make it look good was to cut it just above my shoulders. It's taken me a while to get used to it. I miss my long hair, but it's just hair, it'll grow back eventually.

   "Do you remember when you got drunk at your father's wedding and I helped you get to bed?" my maid asks.

   "How could I forget that night?" I laugh.

   "Well anyway, after I tucked you into bed, a special someone whisked me away to a room and one thing led to another. I really really like him and I hope he comes back for tonight's ball. This time I won't be in my maid uniform either so he can see me all dolled up!" she says excitedly.

   "Oh my goodness, that's awesome Penelope! Who is this mystery man?" I ask and raise my eyebrows.

   "Well, you may think I'm crazy, but he's a prince," she blushes.

   "Who?" I squeal.

   "He's really sweet and so good in bed," Penelope winks.

   "Oh, just tell me already!" I say and put the brush down.

   I'm dying to find out who the lucky prince is.

   "Prince Milo!" she says and smiles big. "I didn't think we'd hit it off but he found me in the hallway and told me how beautiful I was. I really like him and I think there's a future for us!"

   I don't know the Beauty Kingdom's third-born prince too well, but I couldn't be happier for my best friend. She's had to live through me when it comes to all of my romantic experiences so I'm glad she's finally getting to experience it on her own.

   "I've been thinking about him all night and picturing everything that we should be," she smiles and laughs.

♡♡♡♡