Chapter 4: Drugs

Why does everything have to be so fucking stupid

Why does everything have to be so fucking stupid. I just want to fuck everyone up for fucking up my days all the time.

"Parker, i didn't mean too."

"Yeah, you didn't mean to transfer two thousand bucks to your personal account." I sneer at my accountant Harrison.

"It was an accident."

"Mate, shit like that isn't an accident. You're fired."

"What?"

"Be gone by the end of the day," I stand up and walk to my office door and open it for him, "Get out."

He's stunned for a moment before leaving.

I close my office door as i leave and lock it.

"You guys good to pack up tonight?" I ask my workers, Wes, Gavin and Nico.

"Of course." Nico nods.

I nod and leave the garage going down the driveway and out the gates.

I didn't drive to work this morning because i had two beers the night before which i now regret with my stomping headache.

I walk down the streets until i get to the main part of town to go to my apartment.

An elderly man comes up to me, "Do you have any money? I need it for my daughters medicine?"

"No."

I know this guy, he's a local druggie named Tag.

"Please." He smiles showing his two teeth which are shrivelling away like the rest of them.

"Tag! Tag! I got some cash out!" A familiar blonde comes running out the florist shop.

Penelope hands him the money before looking at me, "Oh hi Parker! Is this your dad?"

I frown, "Does he look like my dad?"

"No but he said he needed money for his son, so you know."

I quickly take the money from Tag. He can't keep spending money on drugs.

I look back at Penelope and she looks at me with those big round doe eyes and she looks sad.

Oh fuck.

"Can i have my money?" Tag smiles.

"No, get out of here." I lower my voice and that's enough for him to walk away from us.

The setting sun gleams onto Peneople and her eyes turn a brighter shade of blue, her pupils become smaller and the wind brushes her hair back.

She is beautiful.

I've never seen such beauty.

I've never heard someone talk so much.

"That wasn't very nice. He needed the money."

"He wanted drugs." I stick the cash back in her hand.

"No he didn't, he needed money for his son."

"Penelope, trust me, he doesn't have a son."

She pouts her lips and squeezes her eyeballs shut, scrunching her nose.

"What the hell are you doing?"

"I'm thinking."

"Looks like a lot of effort to think."

She opens her eyes and giggles, "You wanna know what i was just thinking about?"

I blink slowly, "Do i get a choice?"

"Nope, i was thinking how you and me should make a pact."

"A pact?"

"Yup, if i can get you to smile, you buy me a cookie."

"That sounds like the stupidest pact ever."

Her smile faults for a moment before she nods, "Well then i'll buy myself a cookie with the drug money. Ooooo maybe i'll buy drugs."

"Don't do that."

"Well, since you won't do the pact with me, there's not much else to do around here. Maybe drugs is the answer."

"Are you trying get me to do the pact?"

"What! Pffft, no way!" She smiles and gives a small shoulder shrug, "Is it working?"

"No."

"Oh come on," She huffs.

Her phone begins buzzing in her hand and she looks at it before shoving it in the pocket of her denim shorts.

She grabs my palm, puts the money in there and says, "For my bike," before she scatters to the front of the store, hops on her bike, and rides away.

Her golden hair flows in the wind and she looks so calm as she leaves.

I can't help the smile that threatens my face but i crush it down, sticking the money in my pocket.

I continue on my walk back home until i'm at my Apartment.

I walk in and throw my keys on the counter.

I walk into my home office, and begin doing all the paperwork that's piling up.

My gut is turning and my palms are sweaty. My brain ticks and turns, trying to figure out why and how things happen.

Why they always happen to me.

Why it's always my fault.

hi daddy 👋🏻