Chapter 11

Amma's POV

The other day after visiting the hospital with Ash after school (Nevaeh did not come along because she had tutoring lessons with our math teacher)and seeing Jacob in such a state he was in, I felt a bit guilty and I didn't know why.

I thought about Ashton and how much of a jerk he was, he just gets into fights and is a man whore, apparently kicking random people into a pool of water is now on the list, he couldn't be more cheerful and cute like Jacob, or more funny like Luke, I know I don't really like to interact with him cos he was friends with Ashton but he could be hilarious when he wanted to, he is the type that could make a teacher so tired and angry while teaching and just leave the class room.

I get a call from an unknown number as I lay on my bed doing assignments, "Hello" I say to the person on the line, "Hi, is this Amma?"

"Speaking"

"Its Nancy, Jacob's sister?"

"Oh hii" I say remembering that I had written my phone number on a piece of paper and gave it to her, "how is Jacob doing?"

" He is just who I wanted to speak to you about, you had told me to give you a call once he woke up, remember?"

"So does this mean--"

" Yes he is awake now" she says politely cutting me off

"Thank goodness, may I come visit on Friday?"

"sure, sounds fine to me"

"Ok, Thanks, do send him my greetings"

"Sure, bye".

A little while later, my phone rings again, seeing it was a group video call I quickly swipe green to see Nevaeh having the same frustrated and tired look she had been having since she started taking her lessons, "What happened, today" Ash and I ask in unison and she starts to narrate another episode of whatever happened during her lessons while Ash and I let her vent.

Before ending the video call I had told them I was going to go visit Jacob in the hospital on Friday and that they did not have to come along. *****************

After school today, I went home to freshen up and prepared to go visit Jacob, before leaving, I told my brothers that I was going to go visit a friend in the hospital. I get into the car and drive off to the green hut hospital for teens, not before stopping on the way to get Jacob a few snacks.

I get down my car and lock the doors, I walk into the hospital.

"Hello ma'am, I am here to visit Jacob Smith" I say politely to the nurse who just keeps typing on the computer, " ma'am, I am here to visit--", "I heard you the first time" she rudely cuts me off and looks at me up and down before saying "How are you related to him?"

"I'm a friend of his and I already got permission from his guardian to visit him"

"ward 312"

"Thanks" I say politely, I will not stoop down to her level.

I stop in front of ward 312 and I breathe in and out before entering, opening the door, I see a middle aged woman having a discussion with Jacob, I shut the door and they finally notice my presence, "Hello ma'am, my name is Amma, I'm a friend of Jacob" I greet her, "Hi darling, I'm his Aunt but you may call me Friscia, I didn't know you had such pretty friend Jacob" she says turning to look at him while I blush a little at her words, "I'm assuming you came for a visit, so I'll leave you both to catch up" she says giving me a smile which I return as she leaves the room.

"How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine"

"good to know, I erm brought you some snacks" I say dropping the mini basket on the bedside table, "Thanks" he says and I could sense in his tone that something was wrong.

"what's wrong?" I ask taking a seat beside him on the bed, "you can tell me what's wrong Jacob" I say when he was still quiet.

"I got transferred to another school"

"What!, really? why?"

"Apparently there were videos of me in the water, and I had snuck out of school"

"I thought boarding schools gave like... weekends off or something?"

"They do sometimes but not every weekend, I snuck out because I needed some air"

"But couldn't they see you were drowning?"

"My sister Nancy had asked that question but they just said if I hadn't snuck out, that wouldn't have happened"

"Those people are insane" I say and he chuckles, "don't tell me you feel sad for being transferred from a school like that?"

" I don't feel sad, its just I won't know anyone in my new school"

"What school were you transferred to?"

"West wood high"

" Wait... seriously?" I ask and he nods, "that's my school"

"Oh yeah, I remember you mentioning that now" he says smiling and showing his dimples

"Oh my goodness, this is great, I mean, not the fact that you were transferred from everyone's dream school, but the fact that you were coincidentally transferred to my school is-" he cuts me off by looking and grinning at me, "why are you looking at me like that?" I ask, "you look cute when you are rambling", I feel heat rise to my cheeks as he said that.

"At first I was pretty bummed cos I thought I wouldn't know anyone, now that I know that I would at least be friends with you makes me feel a bit better"

"Why don't we play a game, a game would make you feel more better" I say

"What type of game?"

"A tickle game" I say and immediately started to tickle him, but after a short while he dosen't even move or laugh, "wait, you aren't ticklish?" I ask in fear, "nope" he replies casually, "my turn" he says almost evilly as I start to run around the room and he chases after me, he catches up to me and starts to tickle my sides, I was laughing so hard I did not realize I had fallen on the bed and he was now on top of me, he stops tickling me and notices our close proximity.

"You have beautiful eyes" he says while staring into my eyes and he starts to lean in to my face, the door of the ward closes and we both quickly get up realizing it was his sister who had brought him some food, she clears her throat and says "I hope I am not interrupting anything?"

"no, you are not, I was just about to leave" I say, "yes she was" Jacob quickly adds, "okay" she says with a little bit of tease in her voice, "bye Jacob" I wave at him,"yeah bye" he replies as I leave the room.