chapter 9

It has been a couple of weeks since Ty flipped out and he made it up to Lyndy.
He has been trying to make up for being a terrible father to Lyndy by doing fun stuff with her.

Ty and Lyndy just got finished with a trail ride when they saw a horse trailer and a woman standing next to it talking to Jack and Tim.

“ Here honey.” -Ty said picking Lyndy up and setting her on the ground.

Lyndy ran into the barn to go be with the horses, while Ty walked over to the group of three.

“ What’s uh going on here?” -Ty asked as he approached the group.

“ This nice lady from the United States drove all the way here for the miracle girl to work ‘ her magic’ but me and Tim were explaining to her how Amy passed away.” -Jack explained the situation to Ty.

Ty nodded his head while looking at the ground with his hands also in his pockets.

Ty sighed.

“ Is there any way that you can work with my horse” -The lady asked

“ I’m sorry, but no.” -Ty said then walked off.

“ Looks like I need to find a hotel for tonight, so I can head off in the morning. Um, do you have any recommendations?” - The horse lady asked.

“ My daughter owns a dude ranch that’s not that far from here. You could leave your horse here tonight while you sleep, then leave in the morning.” -Tim suggested.

“ Ok, how much is it?” -She asked

“ It’s on the house, since you drove all the way here, and didn’t get the service you were expecting.” -Tim said.

“ Are you sure?” -The horse lady asked.

“ I’m positive.” -Tim responded.

Tim drove her out to the dude ranch while Jack put the horse in the barn, trying to evaluate what was wrong with the horse.

Ty is up in the loft with Lyndy, since that’s where she wanted to hangout, and all of her toys are up there.

Lyndy is lying on the couch while Ty sits in the chair next to the couch reading her a book, when he looks up and sees Lyndy sleeping. He stands up and grabs a blanket off of his and Amy’s old bed and covers Lyndy up with it. He kisses her forehead and walks over to the dresser in front of the window.
He picks a picture frame up that holds his and Amy’s wedding photo. He starts to sob quietly.
It still feels unreal to him that Amy is really gone.

After pulling himself together, he walked down the stairs into the barn, to make sure the horses had enough food.  As Ty is putting new feed into Spartans food pail, his mind starts to wonder and he gets distracted.

As Ty was caught up in his thoughts when he got the feeling to leave. He grabbed his helmet and looked up the loft stairs just one last time, before leaving. He walked over to his Harley Motorcycle and drove off. ( for the sake of this story line, Ty still has his motorcycle.)

A couple of hours later**

Lyndy wakes up on the couch in the loft. She sits up and starts slowly looking around the room for Ty.
After a minute, she gets up and starts to investigate a little better.  After still not being able to find Ty, she walks down the loft stairs very carefully, making sure she doesn’t fall. When she reaches the bottom she sees Jack and Tim.

“ Do you know where my daddy is?” -She asked in a very loving tone.

Jack and Tim turn their attention to Lyndy, who has messy hair, wearing pink shorts with a unicorn pink shirt to match, along with no shoes.

“ Is he not up there?” -Tim asked, referring to the loft.

Lyndy shook her head no.

“ Ok uhm, sweetheart, come here.” -Jack said, holding his arms out.

She went over to him, and he picked her up.

All three of them walked outside and Tim noticed Ty’s motorcycle gone.

“ Oh no” -He mumbled under his breath.

Jack turned to face Tim.

All Tim could do is point towards where Ty’s bike used to be.

To Be Continued . . .

Hi guys! I am so sorry that it’s been a long time since I last wrote a chapter. I started my Junior year of High School while working, but things have now calmed down a little bit. I should be able to start posting chapters again! Thank you for being so patient, I love you guys! ~ heartland_fam07