Chapter 8

"This is looking like a contest, of who can act like they care less, but I liked it better when you were on my side"

-the story of us, Taylor swift

this contains slight SA so if your not comfortable feel free to skip this chapter

The moment Graysons lips touched Cordelia's he pulled away. What was he doing, after she left he cursed himself for acting so arrogant, Maybe if he was a better man, he would've called or texted, but instead he had distracted himself, distracted himself with Emily.

Cordelia eyes were wide and glassy, as if she was in another land, "go." Grayson commanded, she quickly snapped out of her trance, "w-what?"

"You heard me." Grayson turned on his heel and walked toward the suv, dialling Gigi again as he did.

Cordelia was still recovering from Grayson apologising to her, then kissing her, and then snapping at her when she walked back into the restaurant, she handed Dorian his phone, and slipped back into her seat, she was quiet for the rest of dinner.

*midnight*

That night, Grayson couldn't not sleep. He was plagued with nightmares of Emily and Cordelia.

Grayson is stood next to the lake at Hawthorne house, in front of Cordelia, who is stood in front of the lake, he is back to when Cordelia left him, he cannot move only watch, watch as Cordelia said the words, "I'm going back to England,Grayson." But before Grayson could deny what he had heard Cordelia suddenly went stiff, and fell into the lake, Grayson ran to save her but he was too late. He watched as Cordelia sunk, the blood that had started dripping out of her mouth was floating to the top it spelt out, 'please don't go with her'. Graysons dream then shifted, he was on his bed, shirtless Emily on all fours above him, "Grayson," she whined "she's not here anymore let me have you." Emily slipped a pocket kings out of her shirt and cut of Graysons belt, "Emily" he said pleading, she only put a finger to his mouth, Emily moved to kiss his lower stomach, before she stabbed him through the heart.

Grayson woke up panting, cold sweat dripping down his forehead, go get a drink, slowly he pushed himself off his king sized bed, trying to focus on anything other than his dream. He threw on an old Harvard sweatshirt and a pair of Jamesons sweatpants he had lent him, since he didn't have any of his own. Making his way down the stairs, Grayson decided he would go get a coffee from the kitchen, then tuck himself away in his private library and read some Sherlock holmes, it had been Graysons favourite for as long as he could remember.

*Cordelia's bedroom* 

Cordelia tossed and turned in her Bed that night, she couldn't stop thinking of Grayson, the way he had gone from being so gentle with her to the way he had snapped at her, did he love her or hate her. The kiss must of been a mistake, Graysons impulse taking over right? She shifted again, only to feel something poke her chest, Graysons letter, Cordelia pulled it out of her bra and rested it on the nightstand throwing her legs over the side of the bed as she did. Pushing herself off the bed, Cordelia decided to go get a tea.

When Grayson entered the kitchen, the familiar scent of baking filled his nostrils, breathing in the scent, he paced over to the coffee machine and pressed the screen to set it to make black coffee. The little timer in the corner of the machine  told him that it would take precisely 1 minute and 32 seconds, leaning against the counter Grayson pulled his phone out of his pockets, he had 34 messages from Gigi and 1 from Acacia, it was this last message that caught his attention, he had only given acacia his number so that she could contact him if there was something wrong with the girls, slowly, he opened it. Hi Grayson, the girls are really missing you so I was wondering if you were free to come round anytime soon, it's ok if your to busy I would definitely understand, but I'm going to the Bahamas next week and I'm sure the girls would love to see you x  the kiss at the end made Grayson smile, Acacia had every right to hate him, but instead she had taken him in and treated him more like a son than Skye ever had. Ping  his coffee was ready, grabbing the cup he lifted it too his mouth to take a sip, but as soon as he did he saw there was someone at the door, it was Cordelia. 

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Some of you are not going to like the next chapter🤭