Chapter 3 - Duchess Irenia

Word count: 2023

There has been gossip surrounding by Marley Kingdom. Usually, it will be about gossip or scandals around the Southern Kingdom, between the duchess and another man. Although the Kingdom of Marley is one the most prestigious and peaceful countries, it's divided into Four realms or parts, each ruled by the royal council. 

The North is ruled by Priest Shusha. The north is more of a peaceful and religious part of the kingdom. The Western is Ruled by Grand Duke Irenia, a young man who is ruling one of the magical lands of the Marley Kingdom. The Southern ruled by Viscountess Ravenna, a more older woman who ruled the more etiquette part of the land, where there were nobles. The Eastern Belongs to Viscount Magath, who rules the land of knights and teaches soldiers to protect the Kingdom. And in the Middle of the Kingdom is the royal Family.

The king thought it would be fair this way but it mostly caused the Marley Kingdom to be more separate yet peaceful.

𓆩:*¨༺✧ ♛ ✧༻¨*:𓆪

Marley's Palace, Westwing

King Arthur and Queen Margaret have been discussing the banquet of the season where every noble lady goes and the men go as well to find a bride. Also, a chance for people to gossip about the royal family or a scandal that has happened. Recently, Duchess Irenia, a young noble lady who is from the Western realm but resides in the Southern realm and is high in society, is claimed to have a rumor about being pregnant with another married man. The rumor is false but people believe she is lying.

Duchess Irenia and Lady Y/n are great friends, have known each other since they were little and played together. They are known for their beauty and brains. Though they are close they have very different personalities but opposites attract. Even their enemies, Princess Isabella, Lady Y/n's sister are their enemies. Mostly because she always steals the attention.

"Your Majesty, the preparations are done we just need you to sign this so you can pay for the banquet." Sir Edward said pulling out a document with preparations listed on there, " Oh right," King Arthur has been busy thinking about the king of Eldia. Yesterday was just a brief greeting and touring with his majesty around the palace. " Sir Edward, I don't have my quill pen please get it from my office it's in the second drawer to the left. Thank you." Sir Edward then left, leaving King Arthur alone to think about King-Smith. I wonder about how Y/n would think about marrying someone powerful like him Arthur thought.

Suddenly two knocks came at the door. Arthur lifted his head from his hands and told them to come in, assuming it would be Sir Edward and his quill pen but it wasn't him but Lady Y/n instead." Pardon, Your Highness for" Y/n was cut off by her father telling her to call him father when they're alone, "Sorry, Father I wanted to ask you about the guest staying here, King Smith." Her father looked at her confused."Why you may ask?", Lady looked down at him and sat at his couch in front of him.

"Fret not Father I was just going to ask are there going to be more of the press coming here to ask questions, if so do you want to stay in my room more?"She asked holding her hands together and waiting for a response," I haven't thought about that yet but usually since a journalist comes around in the palace one at a time, it will mostly cause attention and cause the press to come more frequently, so yes, for now, stay in your room or go to the villa estate."

The Lavillia estate is where all the nobles or duchesses of noble families come to meet every day to drink tea gossip or just relax from the drama. Only certain people are allowed to go. Usually duchesses, ladies-in-waiting, viscountesses, and royal women.