IV- Saving A Life

Living with a peculiar ability, Jacinto knew that very well. But, he never once thought to use it with a reason. Because, he believed that this ability was just a useless part of his life.

"You want to use me... to save him?" Jacinto uttered slowly. Cali gulped as he nervously nodded at him.

"If you don't want to... It's fine you can just ignore my words..."

"No! I mean, someone never thought about asking help from me, so, um, I think it's the first time that someone asked for my help... I'm just—flattered, I guess," Jacinto said shyly. Cali looked at him and thought, ' he's still as cute as ever.'

"Then, I would gradually appreciate your help. But before that, please don't be afraid of me. I may be kind of creepy, but I'm not that scary actually," Cali said. Well, for so many centuries; this was the first time he ever talked comfortably with other people.

"I am not normal, I guess that counts," Jacinto said with a smile.

Cali beamed and almost forgot that he wants to save the kid's life. Good thing  he recalled.

"Then, hold my hand and I'll take you to a place," Cali said. Jacinto held his hand when suddenly they floated from the ground and teleported to a place using Cali's ability. That place was none other than Jake's room.

For the first time, Jacinto felt thrilled.

As for now, they were in Jake's living room. As they walked, Jacinto felt familiar from the place. It was the same place he went from his dream. The lamp, door, and the sofa were perfectly the same.

He wondered where that place was, now it has finally revealed that it was Jake's house.

"Follow me," Cali said as he took Jacinto's hand.

'Cold,' Jacinto thought as he stared at the hand of Cali that was holding his.

Cali led him to a bedroom and there, Jake laid down the bed with his lifeless eyes opened. Jacinto took a step closer to him and examined his face.

"That person, he's the one appeared in my dreams. But, he seemed like he couldn't get out from that place. He was going around in circles," Jacinto spoke in a soft manner. Cali smiled a little and looked at the lifeless man on the bed.

"I warned him that don't pick up irrelevant things. Now, he became like this. I believed he picked up a flower on the street where he walked that night," Cali explained as Jacinto hummed in agreement. They both looked at the rose placed in the table.

Jacinto looked at Cali and said with seriousness, "So, how can I help him?"

Cali then switched back to his senses and looked at Cali seriously, "I want you to search for his soul in another dimension."

"But, wouldn't that be dangerous?" Jacinto said.

Cali smirked and said calmly, "Don't worry, I'm right here. You're perfectly safe."

"Then, I will trust you for that," Jacinto said. Cali nodded and laid down Jacinto beside Jake.

Cali felt sour as he watched Jacinto laid down beside Jake, but he reminded himself that it he's maybe not his Hiya, they just have the same face.

Cali said with a serious tone, "Try to smack him into his senses. And when you do, you'll see blue roses bloom from the ground. Just follow the flower until you see a door. Hold Jake's hand everytime. And, don't ever look back."

"What if I look back?"

Cali said with curiousness, "The monster might chase you if you do. And if ever, it chases you, just call my name."