Prolouge

Kyser POV

I could hear my mom and dad arguing in their bedroom. I walked into the hallway and slowly approached there room and put my ear up to their bedroom door.

"Helen please don't do this."

"You cheated on me again! I cant believe I put all of this time and effort in our relationship for you to cheat. Twelve fucking years gone down the drain!" She yelled.

"You listen to me you aint takin Ky away from me. That's my baby girl and you know how I feel about us being separated. She needs a stable home and I worked my ass off to give yall everything yall wanted plus more."

"Stop choosing these whores over me. Im your wife!" She cried.

"You already knew what kind of business I was in before we even got together but now its a problem. Dont worry baby I got all the money you need to keep your fine ass in chanel and gucci."

I heard glass breaking and my mom yelling at the top of her lungs. I was use to them having heated arguments but this one was different.

It was more serious than all of  the rest. I never heard my mom threaten to take me away from my dad , so I knew things were more tense than usual.

"I dont need your fucking money you can keep alll of it!" She yelled.

He chuckled. "I got business to handle", he said as he walked away.

"Dont you dare come back here Jarrod!"

I heard footsteps by the door as he opened it and met eyes with me.

"Baby girl what are you doing up?" He asked.

"I heard you and mommy fighting."' I cried.

He picked me up and caressed my back before he took me in my bedroom and laid me inside of my twin sized bed and tucked me in.

"You know that you're my princess right?" He asked.

"Yess dadddy." I said cheesing.

"I'll do anything for you. Just know whatever happens that daddy will always love you." He said kissing my forehead.

"I love you too daddy." I yawned.

He pulled out a black box and held it open. "I got this for you."

My eyes widened at the silver heart necklace that glistened in the box with diamonds all over it.

"Daddyyy!" I Squealed.

I grabbed the box and took the necklace out before I opened the heart. It was a picture of me and him when I was a baby.

"Thank you daddy." I cheesed.

He took the necklace out of my hands and snapped it around my neck before he got up.

"Now get some sleep."

I turned over in my bed and got comfortable as I played with the necklace. He turned and looked at me once more before he smiled and shut my bedroom door.

I watched him disappear out of my sight and that was the last time I saw my dad and the last of my fairytale.

-

A couple days later a police officer came to our doorstep and told my mom that my dad was murdered the same night he never came back. A part of me died when I found out my dad was killed and I wouldn't see him again.

I would never hear him tell me I was his princess and he loved me ever again. I just wished I knew that night was going to be the last time I saw him.

After my dad passed away mom went into a depression. She let herself go and she stayed shut up inside of her room for months without even coming out.

I knew it hurt her badly because she told him not to come back the same night he died. I knew she wished she could of told him she loved him as her last words.

I walked to her room and opened her door as I entered .

"Mama?"

She was silent.

"Ma?" I said walking closer to her bed.

"What the fuck do you want Ky?"

I frowned. My mom never talked to me like that before. I knew she was grieving but I was still her daughter.

"Im hungry." I cried.

"Well fix you something to eat what the fuck do I look like? Your maid! You know how to fix a sandwhich." She snapped.

"But there's no food in the house."

She got up and slapped me across my face. "Bitch did I ask you was there any food in here? Get the hell out my face!"

I grabbed my cheek as tears rolled down my face. I rushed out of her room and ran into mines slamming the door behind me.

I missed my dad so much. He would never yell at me or even raise a hand at me. I put my face in my pillow and cried softly until I drifted off to sleep.