Chapter seven : New med-jack

"It looks bruised but luckily it didn't break the skin. You'll be fine, just try to keep your leg up above your heart to reduce the thumping feeling and rest that foot a bit today." Clint answers.
Mike settles down on the bed as Jeff shoves a few pillows underneath his foot to keep it elevated.
"So... Am I your first patient?" Mike smirks at me before he winks.
"Yes... I guess so." I say shyly.
Clint and Jeff come to sit back down next to me before Mike speaks up again.
"I hear you guys are going swimming tonight, mind if me and some of the slicers join you?" He asks with a smile and I nod.
"Uh, yeah sure. I don't mind." I say politely.
Suddenly another two boys barge into the room, both hanging onto each other.
"What happened to you guys?" Clint asks worriedly, looking at one of the boys who has some blood dripping down his forehead.
"I slipped and hit my head." The boy I now remember is called Dave speaks up.
"Yeah and I accidentally cut myself when I was sharpening the knives." The boy I don't know his name of says hurriedly.
"Lets get you guys sat down." Clint says as he goes to Dave and Jeff goes towards the other boy.
They each sit their patient down on a bed but when I look at Mike I see him cross his arms and roll his eyes.
"Y/n, can you give me a hand." Jeff yells as he inspects the cut.
I walk over to him and look at the cut on the glader's arm before I shudder. I don't necessarily like blood but I do love helping people.
"Can you get me a fresh cloth and some disinfectant?" Jeff asks and I do as I'm told.
I hand it to him before he pours some of the liquid on the cloth.
"Can't she do it?" The glader asks and Jeff shakes his head.
"Nope, you're stuck with me man. Careful, this might hurt." He says before he dabs the cloth onto the wound, making the boy wince.
"Hey Y/n can I have some of that too?" Clint asks and I rush to his side as I already put some disinfectant on a fresh cloth.
"You're a fast learner. Thank you." He says as he takes the cloth from me and dabs it onto Dave's forehead where the wound is.
"What are you guys doing here?" I hear Mike half-whisper to the two boys.
"You're not the only one getting to come to the med-jacks!" Dave snaps back at the boy making Clint, Jeff and me shoot questioning expressions at each other.
When they're done taking care of our patients we go to sit down again but then the boy I don't know the name of speaks up.
"Hey! I'm Tim, nice to finally meet you greenie." He speaks up and I just shoot him a polite smile.
"So... How is your day going so far?" He asks smugly.
"It's okay." I say unsure.
"How are you finding the glade?" Dave speaks up now.
"It's good." I say simply.
"Guys, you need to rest okay? We'll go have some lunch but I'll have Y/n bring you some plates." Clint says as he starts getting up.
We walk out of the homestead, leaving our three patients behind.
"Is it okay if you go to bring them their food?" Clint asks and I nod.
"Is it always this busy?" I ask confusedly since I remember them telling me it was a calm job.
"We haven't had this many patients in a whole week before, let alone in one morning." Clint shakes his head while scrunching his eyebrows.

~Newt's pov~

"Hey!" I hear Y/n's voice as she walks past me to go pick up some plates of food.
"Hey! How's your day going love?" I ask with a smile.
"It's good, pretty busy though. I'll be right back I just need to get these plates to our patients." She smiles and with that she walks back towards the homestead.
I turn to Clint and Jeff who now come to sit with me and look at them questioningly.
"How many patients are in there? She's going with like three plates." I chuckle, knowing the med-jacks are lucky to have one patient a day.
"Well... three." Jeff answers.
"What happened? Was there some big accident I haven't heard about or something?" I ask confused.
"Nope. Just three slicers that had some small accidents." Clint speaks up unbothered.
I leave it at that as I think about how strange it is that suddenly three people get hurt within a couple of hours.
Suddenly I overhear some of the slicers talking at one of the other tables to some of the builders.
"They're all with the med-jacks, the greenie is working there today." One of the slicers chuckles and the builders look excited about it.
I can't hear anything else from their conversation before Y/n finally joins us at the table.
She leans on my shoulder as she comes to sit down on the bench next to me.
I smile at her and she does the same.
"So, how is she doing?" I ask Clint and Jeff as I smirk at Y/n.
"She's amazing. She's a fast learner and she knows what she needs to do. She picks it all up really fast." Clint says and I see her smile shyly at his praise.
"That's amazing. I knew you'd be great." I say to her and her cheeks flush red.
We all eat and before I know it I have to get back to the gardens.
"I'll see you in a bit love." I say as I get up and start to leave.