Chapter 1: Plenty of roles

'Jennie, I really want you to audition for the show. But Parker is also auditioning.' My agent Lee tells me.

I sigh as I look annoyed at him. Being an actor isn't easy when you have the same agent as the most stuck up actor in South-Korea. 

'Don't give me that look. You know that you need this Netflix show. I cannot stop him. He needs this too'" Lee throws his hands up in desperation.

'I worked too hard for him to mess this up, Lee. I will be professionally polite to him but nothing more. Let him be on his best behavior. I cannot deal with his arrogant dog manners.' I state.

'Fine.'  Lee says as he pushes his hand through his hair.

'I will go to the audition now. Wish me luck.' I smile at him and get up.

I adjust my coat before I walk away.

'Good luck, Jennie.'

As I open the door. I spot Parker hanging on the reception desk as he smiles and talks to the young woman behind it. 

I huff and roll my eyes as I make my way over to the elevator as my heels click one by one on the marble tiles.

This makes him look up.

His chiseled jawline makes him look younger than he really is. His brown eyes lock with mine and he smiles his pearly white smile which usually makes the ladies melt.

'Miss Chang.' He says with a sickly sweet smile. It sounds fake and sarcastic. 

'Get lost, Hoo.' I say as I stalk past him. His last name suits him. Even though you write it different, it rolls off the tongue as hoe.

'Jennie.' Lee warns me as he comes through the door to welcome Parker. His top client and best friend for ages. Of course he takes his side. It's not the first time Parker tried to make Lee get rid of me and he will definitely try it again if he hears about us working together.

'Someone didn't have her coffee yet...' He laughs. 'I'm wounded....' Parker says dramatically in response as he places his hand over his heart.

'Parker.' Lee calls him in, which sounds as his warning as I push the elevator button.

Parker is already walking over to Lee as I wait for the elevator.

His picture perfect look does nothing for his ugly personality.

He knows how to get under my skin with his fake charm. 

I don't let someone like him talk me down like that or even let him ruin my career. I talk back to him and he isn't used to that. I don't fit his 'every girl fawns over me' type. He can say whatever to them and they will drool. 

I bet he is desperate for a partner with his age, 34 years old, which is not old at all, but in this business, when you have been acting as long as we do, you need to stay relevant. At this moment his popularity is falling. He still has this I am single and party every night attitude. I am surprised his parents haven't married him off. What a catch... a 34-year old man child. 

He is a stuck up actor with some hotshot movies and tv shows, because he knows how to fight and is good looking. I bet he lives off his dumb luck. As his forever young looking face is plastered on some billboards because a perfume brand found him perfect to sell their overly manly smelling water, which will probably cause a headache.  Besides that he is the furthest thing from a good actor who knows how to play anything romantic, so why a romantic show?  He oozes confidence, charm and coolness, but that's the only thing he is good for. 

Sadly the whole industry eats everything he says up like they haven't eaten in days. He is known as polite, charming and caring. While I doubt that highly since he is the type of person to have other people do things for him. They find him funny and his bubbly persona is very likable. I can't tell you anything about it, because whenever I see him all he has to say is something teasing, hurting or stupid. He never once tried to act normal, it's not like the first time I saw him I started to hate him straight away. That's not what you do when you don't know the other person. You have to get to know them before you can say you don't like them.