Bathroom

The green tiled walls were covered with graffiti and the floor with a fine layer of dirt, water and blood. Muffled music drifted into the sparsely lit room through the thin wooden door, one of the ceiling lamps flickered as if it could only just hold on for dear life. The dirt from the hands of the entire city collected in the sinks, flowing in thin gray, brown and red threads towards the drain and then disappearing with the rest of the garbage into the sewer system. Some of the blue-painted doors separating the toilet stalls from the large room were broken, some had been kicked in, others painted and burned, and on others the locks had been broken and destroyed. It was truly not the most beautiful place in the world, but it served its purpose. Whether it was to provide a place to retreat, to serve as a drug transaction point, as a brothel, or to bring young hearts together for one night.

If the music had been a little less loud, one would have heard the sweet nothings which two men were whispering to each other in one of the toilet stalls. Two men who couldn't be more different from each other, joined by circumstances and liquor. The alcohol had clouded their minds, questionable whether they would remember this night the next morning, the tender kisses they exchanged, the promises they whispered and were heard by the walls around them as silent witnesses. The singers eyes lingered on the man in front of him, seeming almost drunk by the sight offered to him. The other one was dainty, looking like the black fuzzy jacket could swallow him whole. The smoke of their cigarettes filled the room between them, burned in their throats as they inhaled at the same time. One gaze was enough to make the other understand and soon their lips crashed together again, while exhaling the smoke inhabiting their lungs. Hands wandered over heated skin and soft moans escaped from half-opened lips, accompanied by the rustling sound of their clothes, which soon lay on the tiled floor. Their lips met again, almost greedily pressing on each other's, wanting to feel them as close as possible, soaking up the feelings as if they had never felt this way before in their lives. Like a dying flower that finally got a sip of water they blossomed under each other's touches, experiencing a feeling of happiness and pleasure spread through their bodies like an electric shock. In that moment it was clear they needed each other, was it for the brief feeling of being wanted, a getaway from loneliness, a bit of fun. It didn't matter to them.

Soon they had found a common rhythm, melted together as if they were one. They had faded out everything around them, now the only thing that counted were their heated bodies, which met again and again, the hands that felt so incredibly good on their bare skin and their lips, which fit so perfectly together, as if they were two pieces of a puzzle, which was finally completed by their connection.

The climax of their encounter came slowly creeping up their whole body, beautifully, but still too fast for their liking. Everything in them resisted letting go of each other's hands and detaching themselves from each other's lips. Even reluctantly they bent down for their clothes and put them on silently while they threw furtive glances at each other.

Slowly they opened the toilet stall door and tried to orient themselves in the flickering light around them, still intoxicated by the alcohol and the feelings they had just experienced. Silently washing their hands and heated faces, trying to get their senses back under their control. Breathing deeply, they once again exchanged glances that said so much without the need for spoken words to communicate.

Their gazes said, "Will I see you again?"

"I don't want to let you go."

"Please give me a chance to get to know you."

Once again the singer pulled the other into his arms, pressing his lips to the other's in a demanding way, a goodbye for a while, he hoped. As they gently disengaged from each other again, they were both aware that they were not going to leave it at this one encounter. They had already fallen under the spell of the other, demanded already the closeness of the other too much too just leave like this.

A sweet, almost innocent smile formed on the lips of the man dressed in expensive clothes as he held out his dainty hand to the other. "Ray." The singer gently took the hand and looked deeply into the other’s dark brown eyes. "Sand, nice to meet you Ray." An encounter which would be the doom of them, making them fall into a circle of fire with no escape.