Chapter 3

"Ready to go?" Mom asks. "Momma, No." I say. "What? I thought I looked pretty good." She rolls her eyes. Go change, Momma. "You look good. But try something more-" "Fabulous. Something good for autumn weather, Maybe?" Emery cuts me off. "Oh dear, your right!" Mom walks back to her room. I notice Emery is wearing Blue Jeans and a Ghost Face shirt. I sigh, and decide to change, too. I decide to wear Blue jeans and a Minecraft creeper shirt. "Ready?" I ask. Emery nods. Mom comes out wearing a flower dress.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

At Betty's birthday party it's Chaotic to say the least. I've already lost a braid and we've only been here 7 minutes. "Look! A creeper!" A child launches on to my shirt. I yelp. "Joseph Michael!!!" A mom screams, and the child hops off me. Emery helps me get up. "LET'S GO ON THE TRAMPOLINE!" I hear Betty roar. And a pile of kids run through. "Harriet." My Mom stands next to me. "No one will talk or stand next to me." My mom whispers so quietly I almost can't hear her. "Did I do something wrong?" She asks. I giggle a little and realize holy hell! Ew! My mom reeks of perfume. "Ellen!" My aunt Casey screeches. As she walks up, she wrinkles her nose. "You smell awful!" Aunt Casey exaggeratedly gags. Aunt Casey and Mom have always had beef with each other. "Ugh, anyway, I'm guessing you wanna take home some food again?" Aunt Casey says, loudly. "Yeah. We would." Emery butts in. "Oh Emery! You look fabulous, dear! Want the first slice o' cake?" Aunt Casey has always Favored Emery. "isn't the first slice for the birthday girl?" Emery asks. "Don't be ridiculous! you and... Harry Berry have your 16th birthday coming up in about, -What?- Couple a months from now?" Aunt Casey boops my nose. Harry Berry? What the fu- My thoughts get interrupted by my mom arguing back. "It's in December! December 21st! And her name is Harriet!"
"What type of.. -What do you call yourself?- Mother are you?"
"One that cares! You let Betty do whatever!"
"Don't get my little Angel into this!"
"Angel? Betty? You Psycho Bi-"
"All because I'm Rich, don't mean I gotta be shamed fo' it! You poor little baby!"
"Casey!! How dare you-"
Emery butts in "Stop it!!!" She yells. "I -No- We don't even want your dumb cake!!" I yell... we messed up...