1.1: That's The Golden Boy...Him?

"I didn't say History of Magic was useless, I simply said I'd prefer to take Arithmancy instead." I defended myself with a shrug. Don't get me wrong, I love history. I love learning about the past and why things are the way that they are. But if all you do is pay attention to history, eventually history is going to repeat itself.

"But it's not even required." Daphne pointed out as we sat in Potions waiting for Snape.

"You can take more than just required classes you know?...Well not in first year but eventually." I shrugged. I planned to fill my schedule as best I can with just about every class. I wanted to be well prepared for whatever comes next and the best way to do that is to learn everything I could while I had the chance.

"She's right, you can never be too smart. That's what my mum has always said." Blaise smiled leaning forward as he sat at the table behind me with Theo. Our conversation was cut off by the sound of the door slamming open and professor Snape walking in.

"There will be no foolish wand-waving or silly incantations in this class. As such, I don't expect many of you to appreciate the subtle science and exact art that is potion-making. However, for those select few..." He paused to look at Draco who smiled at him.

"...who possess the predisposition, I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory and even put a stopper..." Snape continued before his eyes landed on some to my right. I quickly turned my head to see Harry frantically writing something down. Hopefully notes on what Snape was saying but I wasn't sure.

"...in death. Then again, maybe some of you have come to Hogwarts in possession of abilities so formidable that you feel confident enough... to not... pay... attention." A girl with beautiful dark hair, freckles and tan skin immediately nudges Harry, finally making him look up to the Professor. Snape then walks to where he can speak to Harry more properly.

"Mr. Potter. Our... new... celebrity. Tell me, what would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?" The girl beside him raised her hand as Harry shrugged. I sort of felt bad for him, I mean he didn't grow up with magic. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't even know he was a wizard until a few months ago given what Regulus told me about Lily's family. Hell I met them breifly and I thought they were awful

"You don't know? Well, let's try again. Where, Mr. Potter, would you look if I asked you to find me a bezoar?" Snape asked and the girl beside his raised her hand again.

"I don't know, sir." Harry muttered nervously, his eyes shifting around the room before locking with mine. I attempted to give him the answer by mouthing 'a goat's stomach'. But I don't think he understood it.

"And what is the difference between monkshood and wolfbane?" Snape asked

"I don't know, sir." Harry sighed looking down at the table in front of him. I could hear Theo snickering behind me and I rolled my eyes.

"Pity. Clearly, fame isn't everything. Is it, Mr. Potter?" Snape sneered

"Clearly, Hermione knows. Seems a pity not to ask her, or did you just not want to know the answer? It is the first day of class after all. I suppose it is your job to teach us...not the other way around. " Harry sassed with a sudden confidence that shocked me. Scattered laughter filled the room as I shared a look with Draco.

"Silence!" Snape yelled before glaring at Harry who had a bored look on his face as his friends around him continued to laugh.